Main Menu

Addressing Australian Boarders Only

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 February, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I was joking, TS.  Hope you didn't take my good-natured joshing as anything serious.  Get well soon mate, got some long term health issues of my own going on and they tend to sap one's sense of humour a bit.  Tkae care and get well mate.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Mikey

I just meant glad you're getting the progs you were after.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ThryllSeekyr

I assumed you meant well, until somebody jokingly suggested otherwise. :D

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Finally, those progs arrived on my doorstep over a day ago.

Since then, my interent has been tied up with other chores and it's always slow this time of the month. Noteven another webpage such as this one could be opened.

Since the computer is on it's break, I figured I'd share my thoughts on Slaine the Smuggler here on this thread, without necro-raising the official thread for this.

I actulley thought it was cool that Pat Mills decided to show off some more of Slaine's Red Branch education. The Warriors Shout or scream and the Wheel Feat.

It's all there if you've read The Phantom Chariot of Cu Chulainn.

....The Noise-feat of Nine, that is the Feat of Cat, the Feat of Cuar, and the Feat of Daire, the Blind-feat of Birds, the Leap over Poison, the Bed-folding of a Brave Champion, the Bellows-dart, the Stroke with Quickness, the Ardor of Shout, the Hero's Scream, the Wheel­feat, the Edge-feat, the Apple-feat, and the Noise-feat; the Ascent by rope, the Straightening of Body on Spear-point, the Binding of a Noble Champion, the Return-stroke, and the Stroke with Measure....

Not that I'm sad to see this, it's a favorite subject of mine and some of those elaborate names need explaining and a visable demonstration in the pages of the comic.

My only problem with the Wheel Feat, is that it seems like a
ripp off of Xena's less lethal Chakram. Then again the more informed should know better and perhaps it's also just a tribute.

Disturbingly, it does seem alittle cheap. The way it's been presented. Almost like
the meelee unit's over-spammed missile attack you'll find in alot of fantacy computer games.

What about Ambroids? A new race of dumb villians for Slaine
to beat up on. A lost race of reptile people from a earlier age. From the age of Lemuria I presume. Same age, but on a different part of that cycle than Shoggey Beasts, Beaver Folk, and perhaps even Formorians. Unless the latter were aliens rather than random mutations of other beasties. Thas only by my own reckoning. I had been theorising on this for quite a while and would love some feedback.

Maybe, I could ask Pat Mills himself next time he's on the [/b]Wednesday Night Chat[/b].

The name itself might be derived from Dinas Emrys. Otherwwise known as the  Fortress of Ambrosius and Myrddin's last name. Hence,
the name of his fortress. Otherwise, I don't know if there is another connection.
Ambrosia Speical food or nectar of the Greek Gods. Supposed to be the source of their power, without which they would be rendered mortal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrosia

Assuming that Slaine is a god of sorts, and that the Ambroids became his food. In a way, he ate them when he hacked into them with his axe. Not literally eat them, though. I suppose he's consumed worse comestibles.

Most likely, there is no connection at all.

They are certainly well drawn and painted. Perhaps they are a spin off of dinosaur.