Main Menu

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Started by VinceBot, 15 March, 2010, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Tattybye Vince, thanks for all the hard work you've put in. Ha, notice how it takes five blokes to do your job!?!

"Vince for Oz!"

LARF

JayzusB.Christ

Best of luck, Vincebot; hopefully I'll be in Oz myself later this year.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

Quote from: VinceBot on 15 March, 2010, 09:55:06 AM
To all forum members,

It is with a sense of great sadness that I must announce on the 17th of March 2010 I will be leaving the 2000AD forums and my position as System Administrator, as well as my position of web goon at Rebellion - for on the very next day I will be boarding a 747 headed for Australia.

I've had both a great time on these forums, helping you guys out, fixing issues and tweaking features, as well as working at Rebellion and helping with their websites, and I hope this place doesn't go to hell without me.

I don't know if you guys will get a new goon to replace me, or if W3bz will be the one keeping an eye on this place, but to help with moderation we've finally decided to hand some of the responsibility over to a group of volunteer moderators - and they are:

Bolt-01
Emperor
His Lordship rac
House of Usher
Mike Carroll

These guys will be making sure you don't wreck up the place, will be taking out the trash in regards to reported posts, and helping out W3bz and Wake with the current moderation load.

I wish you guys all the best for the future [spoiler]and I'm still here for 3 days so don't go all lord-of-the-flies just yet[/spoiler]

Bah!  I respect these monkeys even less than I do you...

:lol:

Best of luck- I am deeply envious.
Pffft...

Peter Wolf

Take care and many thanks for all your work that you contributed here.Its a very sensible decision moving to Australia as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wild-seven

Take care VinceBot, all the best for your life in Oz - don't be a stranger!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Emperor

Oh now all is revealed, we get roped in for general tidying up duties, given the spinal implant and we get left holding the baby? Time for some random pressing of buttons, ignoring the big red one for now I wonder what this green one does...

Anyway have fun Down Under, just take more lube as the harsh heat can leave you with clogged gears in no time.

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 15 March, 2010, 10:11:22 AM
You've left it in whose hands?!!

And we all thought Emperor was just a board name... now his Machiavellian plot can be revealed, today the 2000ad forum, tomorrow the world (cue maniacal laughter)

To be fair I'd boxed off the rest of the world and the forum was the last move in a much greater game. Now to integrate you as cogs in The Great Machine...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Carroll

Bolt-01
Emperor
His Lordship rac
House of Usher
Mike Carroll

I've just realised I'm the only one of the Council of Five who uses his real name. That's a little worrying...

Emperor

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 March, 2010, 02:30:36 PM
Bolt-01
Emperor
His Lordship rac
House of Usher
Mike Carroll

I've just realised I'm the only one of the Council of Five who uses his real name. That's a little worrying...

That's your real name?

Oh and that is my real name.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

QuoteQuote from: VinceBot on Today at 08:55:06
Bolt-01
Emperor
His Lordship rac
House of Usher
Mike Carroll

Well it is His Lordships initials...

And I thought your name was Sprout and the adoption of a more normal name was to better assimilate human traits?

Colin YNWA

Well have fun in Australia (are you taking The Mayor his Progs?).

Is a new time of darkness and grim rule about to descend on the board with our new Mods then... cool

Zarjazzer

Enjoy Australia VinceBot though it is very hot out there. And full of giant radioactive spiders that you only get told about once you land.

I thought there were only three stooges not five?

Er does this mean I'm banned?

:D
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

SuperSurfer

All the best VinceBot. 'preciate all your hard work in making this a fine place to hang out at.