Main Menu

Prog 2145 - Body Horror!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 17 August, 2019, 02:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Great Chris Weston cover and inside you can almost hear a Pin drop.

Tjm86

... here you go Eamonn, your coat sir!

broodblik

From Chris Weston's Twitter feed:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Why wouldn't you follow Chris Weston on twitter?

1/ D'Israeli
2/ Henry Flint
3/ Colin MacNeil
3/ Chris Weston
4/ Simon Davis
5/ Simon Coleby
6/ INJ Culbard
7/ Richard Elson
8/ Phil Winslade
9/ Mark Harrison/Dave Kendall
10/ Jimmy Broxton/Lee Carter

Based on strip art only - Greg Staples and Alex Ronald would be in there, otherwise. Length of service and frequency of appearance are also taken into consideration, or I'd have been tempted to sneak Leonardo Manco in there, alongside the great Mike Dowling and former regular Ben Willsher, who seems to have dropped off the end of Tharg's Rolodex in recent times.

5 to 10 could be in any order, really. Cheating at the end with the doublers - didn't want to push that too far, or Trevallion, Goddard and Richardson would be in there at 8, 7 and 6, too. Anguished for ages about Culbard - initially had him higher, but he fell down the ranking due to the length of service criterion. Current artists only, which I'm defining as having a strip in Prog or Meg every year for the last three years.

broodblik

The Black and White one as well:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Sorry, accidentally double-posted using my broodblik sock account.

Colin YNWA

So there we have it. Dredd 'Control' ends and if I'm honest I'm a little disappointed. The ideas were excecuted well. The events that were used to carry them a little hackneyed for me. Shame as this has been a great story and I really liked what it was aiming at. Have to say happy that [spoiler]Maitland's alive[/spoiler].

Indigo Prime however is glorious and is the kind of story that gets away with 'The human Fingerbob' by the force of shear creative brilliance and glorious realisation. Ending exciting too!

Always happy with Sinister Dexter and this is a nice intro. Just also say I didn't like how John Charles coloured the Might Yeowell's last time here I think its a complete trimuph! It really evoked the painted stuff Steve Yeowell did back in the late 80s.

If I'm being picky the Future Shock makes a great Terror Tale as the shock ain't all that  shocky but the terror is certainly in the tale. Shouldn't really get too hung up on that as its a good story. I'm intrigued how folks will react to the art in this one. 2000ad fans can suprise by how conservative (small c) they can be in their art tastes and I see this could be an issue here. Me I loved it thought is was sharp striking. Loved the bold colours.

Jaegir didn't really move us on too much, just kept the same things going effectively enough.

Decent Prog if not quite up the standard of late.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 August, 2019, 09:07:23 PM
Have to say happy that [spoiler]Maitland's alive[/spoiler].

I'm not, quite frankly ([spoiler]see what I did there[/spoiler]) I'm a little disappointed!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

IndigoPrime

So has this been Rob Williams removing himself from Dredd, or just finishing a long-running arc?

Geoff

The Future Shock was certainly shocking!

Otherwise a pretty strong prog.

73north

No Prog today for me to read , or review - a big downer on Saturday

Zenith 666

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 August, 2019, 11:10:23 PM
So has this been Rob Williams removing himself from Dredd, or just finishing a long-running arc?

Oh I hope not.

Proudhuff

Quote from: 73north on 18 August, 2019, 05:57:22 PM

^^^^ same  :(
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2019, 05:27:21 PM
Quote from: 73north on 18 August, 2019, 05:57:22 PM

^^^^ same  :(

It's been at least four months since I got my subscription prog on a Saturday. Monday at best, often a Wednesday or Thursday.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me