Main Menu

Lawless 2024

Started by GoGilesGo, 17 December, 2023, 08:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

Quote from: pauljholden on 06 May, 2024, 05:15:17 PMApes, I'm afraid will take longer.
:D
Well y'know I can wait...

Le Fink

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 May, 2024, 05:02:36 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 06 May, 2024, 04:29:43 PMI hope to bump into you all. I've slightly madly got a T-shirt made with my avatar so I'll be wandering around looking like a deranged perfume advert. So I'll be easy to avoid, at least. Anyway I'm a proper Southerner, tall slim glasses-wearing nerdy type, middle of age. Look forward to meeting some fellow boarders.

Cool Beans. I'll defo look out for you.

I'm proper northern (well from Merseyside and Sheffield so the south of proper northern) and look like a typical Sheffield Gammon (while promising I'm not a gammon and have much more liberal views!). Bald, middle aged and probably a little red of face by the time I arrive (though pasty and gray I'd imagine on Sunday if Saturday evening is as much fun as other cons I've attended!). Overweight of course too - but this is were the Sheffield comes in - but an inability to avoid middleclass outdoor excerise so infecting the middleclass parts of Sheffield mean there's hints I'm trying to do something about it... trying...
Cool! We can go for a run around Bristol!

Kidding. I'm kidding!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Le Fink on 06 May, 2024, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 May, 2024, 05:02:36 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 06 May, 2024, 04:29:43 PMI hope to bump into you all. I've slightly madly got a T-shirt made with my avatar so I'll be wandering around looking like a deranged perfume advert. So I'll be easy to avoid, at least. Anyway I'm a proper Southerner, tall slim glasses-wearing nerdy type, middle of age. Look forward to meeting some fellow boarders.

Cool Beans. I'll defo look out for you.

I'm proper northern (well from Merseyside and Sheffield so the south of proper northern) and look like a typical Sheffield Gammon (while promising I'm not a gammon and have much more liberal views!). Bald, middle aged and probably a little red of face by the time I arrive (though pasty and gray I'd imagine on Sunday if Saturday evening is as much fun as other cons I've attended!). Overweight of course too - but this is were the Sheffield comes in - but an inability to avoid middleclass outdoor excerise so infecting the middleclass parts of Sheffield mean there's hints I'm trying to do something about it... trying...
Cool! We can go for a run around Bristol!

Kidding. I'm kidding!
Down by the river is nice and not far away
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Oh-ho maybe I should bring some running gear...

Colin YNWA

I'm quite looking forward to having a couple of days off... I mean recovery time...

Hawkmumbler

Every year for about 5 years now I've been promising I'll make Lawless someday. Think it was about 2 years ago I promised myself I'd make it, if I wasn't able to do so sooner, to the 10th anniversary convention.

Initially I wrote it off, as the weekend in question is when I was supposed to be doing a van run to help my sister move into her temporary summer digs in Manchester before she starts Uni in September.
Turns out that's been delayed until the following weekend, so might sneak in a cheeky Saturday only trip.
See folks there!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 May, 2024, 09:22:24 AMEvery year for about 5 years now I've been promising I'll make Lawless someday. Think it was about 2 years ago I promised myself I'd make it, if I wasn't able to do so sooner, to the 10th anniversary convention.

Initially I wrote it off, as the weekend in question is when I was supposed to be doing a van run to help my sister move into her temporary summer digs in Manchester before she starts Uni in September.
Turns out that's been delayed until the following weekend, so might sneak in a cheeky Saturday only trip.
See folks there!

oh that's fantastic news. Its been too long since we caught up Zac.

I'm much the same I've been meaning to get to Lawless for years now but for one reason or another never quite got to it. Having finally taken the plunge I'm now super excited. Hope this inspires me to get back to Thought Bubble as well after far too long. That's for after however...

Barrington Boots

This is great, looking forward to meeting you guys!

I'm definitely not going for a run though.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Doomlord66

I'm still weighing up whether I can make this one. I'd like to as I've only ever been to one before and that was Bristol 2008. Back then at that one, I managed to get a lot of stuff signed and some good sketches - Dredd by Boo, Dredd by D'Israeli, Dredd by Dylan Teague and Nik Dante by John Burns so I'd love to get some more to add to those.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Doomlord66 on 07 May, 2024, 06:04:48 PMNik Dante by John Burns

Wow. lucky you.

Get down to Lawless 10, unreal line up of artists to get sketches from this year

Marbles

Does anyone know if Garth Ennis is going to Lawless this year?He's not on the list but I swear I read somewhere a few weeks ago that he was coming? Very possibly I was hallucinating. (I just don't want to cart some of his books along to hopefully be signed if he is not going to there).
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Leigh S

I think he mentions being there on the interview he did with Mark Millar on youtube

Steve Green

Quote from: Marbles on 12 May, 2024, 09:13:32 PMDoes anyone know if Garth Ennis is going to Lawless this year?He's not on the list but I swear I read somewhere a few weeks ago that he was coming? Very possibly I was hallucinating. (I just don't want to cart some of his books along to hopefully be signed if he is not going to there).

He's on the list, and doing a panel on both days

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 May, 2024, 09:27:46 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 May, 2024, 09:22:24 AMEvery year for about 5 years now I've been promising I'll make Lawless someday. Think it was about 2 years ago I promised myself I'd make it, if I wasn't able to do so sooner, to the 10th anniversary convention.

See folks there!

oh that's fantastic news. Its been too long since we caught up Zac.

Belated response but likewise Colin, been far far too long.
Tickets for both Saturday con and trains all lined up, see folks there!

Colin YNWA