General Chat > Film & TV

Last movie watched...

<< < (3369/3377) > >>

Jim_Campbell:
Late to the party, as ever: Prey.

Yep. That was great. I've never been massively invested in the Predator franchise (outside of the first two, I think I've maybe seen ten minutes of one of the AvP movies) but I thought this was comfortably the equal of either of those.

At a pleasingly compact 100 minutes, it doesn't outstay its welcome. Spends a little time at the start letting you get to know the characters and doesn't mind lingering on some of those magnificent Canadian landscapes, but I don't have a problem with any of that. Amber Midthunder is fantastic and the doggo is terrific.

Well worth one hour forty of your time.

Tiplodocus:
I, also late to the party, rather enjoyed BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC. It's not perfect but so genuinely well meaning and sweet that it carries you through. The actors playing the daughters were absolutely spot on.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 October, 2022, 10:24:40 AM ---I, also late to the party, rather enjoyed BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC. It's not perfect but so genuinely well meaning and sweet that it carries you through. The actors playing the daughters were absolutely spot on.

--- End quote ---

A few years back, I worked on a couple of Bill & Ted books for BOOM — they were pretty good, TBH, but the icing on the cake when Alex Winter contacted the editorial team to say how much he was enjoying them, and was reading them with one of his daughters.

Colin YNWA:
Company of Wolves

Some films you shouldn't go back to. Loved this in the day and haven't seen it for years so was looking forward to revisiting having stumbled across it on ITV HUB. I mean watching something via ITV Hub affords it some sympathy but not enough.

I mean its clear what its trying to do. It is visually interesting in place. Ultimatey the characters and ideas are just a bit flat andf obivous for a modern viewer (cos I'm so modern). I mean the character being flat you could forgive on the basis its a dream of a fairy tale and so my working assumption has always been that was the intend. The trouble is they are still flat. It tries lots of ideas and in doing that doesn't really develop many beyond a superficial level.

Its not terrible its just not the film my memory wanted it to be.

Hawkmumbler:
I think a great appreciation of CoW can be met if you're at all familiar with any of Angela Carters work.
If not it can come across as somewhat stilted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version