Main Menu

'Freedom and Whisky Gang Thegither' or 'We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Brothers'

Started by Dounreay, 18 January, 2003, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

This is all begining to sounding a bit like a big boy's pishing up the wall contest.
I would suggest that the pair o' them would have had the brains no tae fight, but would have had a bit verbal, then got all the sucker audience to by them beer all night, I've seen it done by lesser mortals. Anyway who said that Chopper could write apart from his name and that big smiley face on the statue of Justice?

Death to the Lizards! Sheridan for Scots Prez!
DDT did a job on me

Quirkafleeg

Well as the Pub Landlord sez we can celebrate a thousand years of not losing a war. "That war against the French we were enjoying it so much we dragged it out for a hundred years!"

Queen Firey-Bou

aye and we've goan hun'eds of years being dominated by the lizards to celebrate...Booo

hurrah Mr sheridan ! hurrah mr Burns !

Art

SO its safe to say that Shakespeare would win the fight if they were both 40?

Devons Daddy

shakespeare in his own time was not a luvvie.
 a popular icon. a latter day rock star in many way. his plays where full of questionable moral characters. his target audience more the man in the mass entertainment then the elite few it later became.
he was more showman then a luvvie.
lets say burns was the rolling stones and shakespeare more the beatles. both damn good, just differnt markets to reach.

i would think burns could take him though. given his less then queensury rules of dueling he was likely to employ.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!