General Chat > Help!

A bit of normie when it comes to comics. Looking for some alt comic suggestions.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jim_Campbell:
In addition to some good stuff from BOOM already recommended, a slightly biased (because I also work for them) suggestion from me: smaller publisher Vault do a great line in non-cape stuff. I've already plugged Wasted Space elsewhere but I can't recommend its unlikely Star Wars Meets Preacher premise enough. It's finished its run now, but is available across five TPBs.

They do a decent line in horror, too, with The Autumnal and The Plot being a couple of stand-outs for me — very different books, but both do an excellent job of building a creeping sense of dread rather than relying on gross-outs or jump scares.

Plus, Barbaric. One TPB available to date (Murderable Offences), but there's a one-shot (The Harvest Blades) out any time now, and a second arc (Axe to Grind) due to start in a couple of months. Imagine a Conan-esque barbarian who only wants to drink, plunder and get laid… but who becomes cursed to only do good deeds. Good deeds that are arbitrated up on by his blood-drinking, sarcastic, and frequently-drunk talking axe… which only he can hear.

Funt Solo:
I enjoyed Alan Moore's Top 10.

RookieNerd:
Thank you for all the suggestions. Trying to sort through mountains of decades of sci-fi comics can be quite confusing. I do appreciate the time taken to help out.

sintec:
The Incal by Jodorowsky and Moebius would seem the obvious suggestion from Humanoids.

Daveycandlish:
Take a punt on some small press stuff. Stuff the Big Boys don't do as they like to play safe.
Sci-fi, fantasy and action adventure can be found in PARAGONcomic. 32 pages. A4 magazine sized. You can back the latest Kickstarter here >>> https://t.co/XaAvjsaQSk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version