Main Menu

"Oh give me a home, where the what the hell?"

Started by Thursday, 18 August, 2005, 04:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Ecologists and conservationists have proposed introducing big African animals--everything from lions to elephants--to Northen America.

It's supposed to be for conservation and so on, but I can see it being turned into a health policy thing.  Prides of lions chasing down anyone too obese to get away... now that would be an incentive to lose weight and stop smoking.

Link: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7862" target="_blank">Flee, fatty, flee!

Max Kon

i think they are idiots.

And that Chris Haney and Douglas Inkley have the right idea by verbally slapping them across the head

Funt Solo

That'll be part of the secret ARK project, whereby the US will get as much of Earth's flora and fauna into their borders before nuking the rest of the planet.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Adrian Bamforth

I think we know the real reason.

ADEhttp://content.ll-0.com/herbchambers/Barbeque.jpg?i=060404092911">

judge dreddd

seems silly,re-populating the plains with buffalo and wild horses seemed a good move though ;)

ming

re-populating the plains with buffalo and wild horses seemed a good move though

I mis-read that as 'movie' and thought YES!!  Real life Valley of the Gwangi here we come!  Please?

A stoopid idea, bound to fail.  The same thing with reintroducing / repopulating wolves, bears, etc. in Europe.  The US can't deal with most of the big mammals they have anyway (wolves in Alaskan National PArks f'rinstance - or just outside - BAM!).  What are they thinking?

Dark Jimbo

Real life Valley of the Gwangi here we come! Please?

?!?!?!? This has to happen!!! Someone, please, make this happen!
@jamesfeistdraws

Quirkafleeg

"Ah wants me to shoot an elephant! And one of them lions"

Trout

No, no, no!

Have none of you read the works of Wagner?

It's obvious the animals wil all go haywire and start killing people, and Judge Dredd will be forced to destroy them!

Fools.

archangel 1

Yes!YES!!!i hope it work's,then i can perform my mystical and ancient rituals and bring about the dawning of the deadites!! imagine if u will herdes of possesed Buffalo and prides of lions wandering towards the bright lights of New York,Los Angeles and Washington!!
The screams the sound's of the screaming innocents being devoured whole! the news reports ohh the fun to be had with a book of the dead!!!