Main Menu

2023 Advent Submissions

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

And there's a whole lot more with jokes about bygone boarders, but here are two from a long sequence in which Commando Forces (aka John Burdis) decides to get rid of his Cellar of Dredd, only for Tharg to try and dissuade him by sending Editors Past, Present and Future to him faster than you can say "What the Dickens is a copyright infringement?"

Having been visited by the Editor of the Present, CF is next visited by Editors of the Past.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

I had tried to be clever by designing all the backgrounds separately, then drawing several views of each character which I hoped to overlay on the backgrounds.  However, adding the speech balloons became a problem (I've only got MS Paint to work in), which I could only solve by putting the speech balloons outside the panels and shrinking the pictures to make room.

Anyway, it's all a bit self-indulgent but I do quite like the gags in both of these so hopefully you will forgive Ebeneezer Decent given the time of year.  And I particularly liked having Matt Smith as Smith from the VCs.

Merry Christmas, one and all!  And to all, a good night!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Oh, one more.  I still can't find my son's brilliant Resyk animation but he did this for me.  "Bloo man" is a family joke (his intro to 2000AD was sitting on my knee as I played the Rogue Trooper game, and repeatedly making Rogue run off a cliff.)

Again, this is from when he was 12, using some kind of stickman animation program.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Lost amongst the brilliance - though I said I'd post the full version - was waiting luckily very needlessly to see if there as a quiet day. What a year for the advent!

Andy Lambert

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you have a wonderful time!
I'm going to disappear again into the sea along with Mariah Carey, so I wish you all the best for the coming year and beyond!
Splundig Vur Thrigg  :)

Judge Woody

Final snowmen pic by the amazing Cliff Robinson

Judge Woody

Funt Solo

One fwom the vaults:

Art by Chris Weston & Gary Caldwell [gwabbed from pwog 2260 & then cwuelly edited]
Font: CrimeFighter BB
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

One from the vaults
My 3 wise fatties, Dredd & Anderson tree decorations - on my home office tree.

Merry Christmas
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Merry Christmas

Art by Nick Percival:

Art by Patrick Goddard:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

I still haven't quite nailed the art of Photoshop image enhancement, but here's a slightly clearer version of my pencil sketch of the Sessair a-wassailin'.  Merry Yuletide to all of Tir Na nÓg!

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]