Main Menu

What would be your dream Prog?

Started by Tarantino, 28 July, 2017, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2017, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Halo Jones "A Pirates life on the High C's" - Leah Moore & Ian Gibson, music by Alan Moore

Is that a cross-over with one of the Nemo books?

Genius work on the title there, Matty.

JOE SOAP

Alas, the lost Moore's Melodies we will never hear.

AlexF

Excellent challenge!

Dream Prog line-up that might actually happen, even within the next year:

Dredd by Williams & Flint
Bad Company by Milligan & Dayglo
The Alienist by Beeby/Rennie + Coveney
Brink book 3 or Helium Book 3
Deadworld book 3 or The Order Book 4

Dream Prog that would never happen:

Dredd by Wagner & Jock
Mean Team book 3 by Kek-W & Massimo Belardinelli
Future Shock by me + an as-yet-unknown (but destined for superstardom) artist
A 15-part Ian Edginton + D'Israeli/Davis tale that once and for all brings together and finishes off Stickleback, Helium and Ampney Crucis, and refers back to Leviathan and Red Seas for good measure
Rogue Trooper, but with no dialogue at all, just cracking art from a rotating team of all the droids who've ever drawn Rogue (of course you'd still need a writer, and Rennie's probably the best fit; hell, he might even relish the challenge)
And, on the back, a new one-off weirdness fest from Milligan and McCarthy

But of course what I really want but can't specifically ask for is a completely new thrill that will become my favourite but I've no idea what it is yet, as it contains ideas so mind-blowing and original it's not like anything else (you know, the way Nemesis the Warlock looked and felt to my 7-year old brain).

matty_ae

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2017, 11:23:35 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2017, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: matty_ae on 30 July, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Halo Jones "A Pirates life on the High C's" - Leah Moore & Ian Gibson, music by Alan Moore

Is that a cross-over with one of the Nemo books?

Genius work on the title there, Matty.
Thank you!

Fungus

Quote from: AlexF on 31 July, 2017, 03:50:34 PM

Nitpick-picky-nit-nit....

You want Helium book 3 before book 2? Screwy. I like it!

[If we've had book 2, ignore my mumblings]

The Adventurer

Quote from: Fungus on 31 July, 2017, 05:19:54 PM

Book 2 just concluded.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

sheridan

Quote from: The Adventurer on 31 July, 2017, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: Fungus on 31 July, 2017, 05:19:54 PM

Book 2 just concluded.

Brink Book 2 just concluded, as has Scarlet Traces, but we haven't seen Helium again yet?

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Nic_Freeman

Personally I'd be much happier if a prog arrived on Saturday morning with the best of the new thrills than endless re-hashing of past glories. My dream line up would be:

Dredd (Wagner + Flint)
Brink
AND Brass Sun
Helium
Fall of Deadworld (well suited to last strip in the prog)

If I had to pick my least favourite line up, the current prog would be a good starting point. Greysuit is particularly dire.

jacob g

Judge Dredd (Rob Williams and Sean Phillips)
Brink
Jaegir
Lobster Random
Strontium Dog (Wagner, Grant and Ezquerra but... in black and white)

With Flint cover art.
margaritas ante porcos

davidbishop

Having edited whole progs to a single story for Dredd, Slaine and SinDex, I wanted to commission a whole issue devoted to Nikolai Dante - but never managed to make it happen. So... that.

SIP

I've given this some thought over the last few days......and have decided I'm officially an old fart with rose tinted glasses.

2000ad between prog 200 and 500 (possibly to 600 ish because of some classic Dredd) is really where my love lies. It would include Dredd by Wagner and Mcmahon  (or Dillon, Ezquerra, Bolland, Kennedy), Strontium Dog by Wagner/Grant and Ezquerra, Rogue with Cam Kennedy, Nemesis with either O'Neil or Talbot.....and maybe a Brett Ewin's strip, either Bad Company or Anderson. I also really enjoyed Slains up to and including The Horned God. Fabry and Mcmahon Slaine  being my faves.

That's maximum thrill power for me from a more simplistic time. I love black and white artwork and I love the more episodic format (with a general underlying story arc) that was prevalent back then. 

I don't think I would include anything from the last 20 years over those, but only because that is the time period where my heart lies. Not because of the lower quality, which is very far from the truth. I've loved stories such as Caballistics, Dante, Lawless etc, but I get a real nostalgic emotion for the progs I read growing up. They made me want to draw and be a comic artist. Such exciting times that unfortunately I can no longer replicate.