Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Shame. He really was a great talent. RIP Edward.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hoagy

Yeah, just heard there was a late Equalizer, he did a fantastic turn in Hot Fuzz. A real great.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JamesC

Ah, that's a shame, I really liked Edward Woodward. My nanny used to let me stay up and watch the Equaliser when I was a little boy.

I once had to write a story about where I lived using only two sentences (it was an A-level English excercise). Mine was:

Edward Woodward went for a swim in the sea and banged his head on a bit of drift wood wood wood. It was in Gorleston.

Professor Bear

That's a shame to hear.

Beaten to mentioning Crusade, a show whose ambition outstripped the abilities of those involved to make television, though I notice that all the tv shows Mike Gloady mentions starred Daniel Day Kim - what's your beef with Koreans, Mike?

Woodward did that binmen show that got on my tits, but he also did Wicker Man, Callan, Equalizer - quality shows that rightly overshadow his odd miss.

JayzusB.Christ

See ya, Eddie, you'll be missed. The Wicker Man is still one of my all-time favourites, and Nicholas Cage and his piss-weak remake only serve to show how Mr Woodward's talent shone in the real film.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

We are all Equalised in death.

Adrian Bamforth

Great sham, though I glad he got to doi a bit of Eastenders only recently.

He was married to Michelle Dotrice, 'Betty' of Some Mothers Do 'Av 'Em...I think it was Terry Wogan who once said that when they were together you "couldn't see Woodward for Dotrice".

SuperSurfer

Sad to hear that Edward Woodward passed away. What is quite weird is that I was playing the Equalizer theme tune on Spotify just a few days ago as I was trying to find the Rumblefish soundtrack.

wild-seven

I'm watching 'Hot Fuzz' in his honour
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

LARF

Kerrin

Heart attack at 44! That's bloody scary. One of the first rappers I ever heard. Sad News.

Zarjazzer

RIP Edward Woodward. Met the great equaliser. That episode of Callan (I suppose ironic now) and called "That 'ull be the day" (that I die) is just a classic of TV.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

uncle fester

Derek B?! Man, that's no age to check out... That first record was great.

Christov

Poor old Eddie. May have to watch The Wicker Man this weekend now.

johnnystress

A friend and all around lovely guy, Skinny from ColdWar (as mentioned in an ABC Warriors story recently) passed away last night

Very sad

Here he is singing with his old band Coitus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAfm8yNMv-Y

RIP