Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 April, 2021, 02:15:53 AM
I'm mostly aligned with Jim here, and often talk about cheese.

We run and hike a lot these days, in the enforced absence of friends or clubs, and talk about anything to pass the time.To be honest most of our conversations are acrimonious debate on the merits or otherwise of YouTubers and what bonuses stack with what in various games  (my opinion is that nothing ever stacks unless it very explicitly says it does, he takes the 'if it makes sense' approach. Kids, eh?).

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mikey on 07 April, 2021, 01:47:58 PM
Got the first shot of my COVID vaccination this morning, after only having booked it last Wednesday.

I'm putting the event in this thread as it's truly something to consider just over a year ago this virus had everyone in the first lockdown and the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths were only increasing.

The fact we now have more than one type of vaccine available is definitely in the science is drokking fantastic category, as this has been possible due to the years of research into vaccines and epidemiology that the developers have learned from and built upon. This is a Good Thing that should be celebrated.

Things are finally happening this side of the border too, glacial as the rollout has been.  Almost a quarter of the population (including my elderly parents, at long last) has been vaccinated and hospital admissions and deaths are way down from this time a month ago.  As you say, a Good Thing. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 April, 2021, 02:15:53 AM
I'm mostly aligned with Jim here, and often talk about cheese.

I run alone, through choice, but think of cheese, toasted mostly.
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I would argue that you can't toast cheese. It's the bread on which the cheese sits that's toasted. So your thoughts are incorrect and it's no wonder you run alone.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM
...it gives us images like this:

ISS Crew Captures Shuttle Atlantis' Last Brilliant Trip Through the Atmosphere

Wait... Does this means that Earth is not flat? I must be awfully lied to.

My jest aside, science it's great because it constantly evolves. And there are lots of spaces of which we are totally u aware of (well, I am not going to quote that crappy film The Happening with Mark Wahlberg). I am always for trust the science. Trust the scientists? Hm... That's a bit picky. Question is who of today's scientists is pretending to be real.

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

NapalmKev

Quote from: milstar on 08 May, 2021, 09:21:19 AM

Wait... Does this means that Earth is not flat? I must be awfully lied to.

Yes, the Earth is flat... On all six of it's sides!*

Cheers

*For any Flat-Earthers out there, I'm joking.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

Seven sides. Don't forget the inside, where all the alien dinosaurs live...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Ah... that's why we are forbidden to travel to inside Earth. But I like to think we are all lizards, David Icke would be pleased with that confirmation.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

On the cosmological scale of things, it's still going to blow up quite soon...
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Poor, deluded fools!!! Witness the TRUTH:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Well that's a bit mind-bending.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Donut-Earth Society with members scattered throughout the torus.

I've just got my second Pfizer jab.  In your face, plague!

Funt Solo

Bill Gates: So, you see, dear, now I can track them. This latest one, see, he lives in a house boat just here!
Melinda Gates: [Says nothing, as they separated last month and so contractually aren't in the same location.]
Bill Gates: And this one, see: he's in a Greggs. It's a place for selling grease products - they have them in north England. 
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

Its always nice that the Flat Earth Society Expo sees attendees fly in from all around the globe.

Jim_Campbell

Fossilised remains of a prehistoric rhino discovered in China that was "the size of six elephants".

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.