Main Menu

Sad News about John M Burns

Started by rogue69, 01 January, 2024, 10:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomlord66

Very sad news to hear we've lost another top 2000ad artist. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Bristol comic con in 2008 and he did a great sketch of Nikolai Dante for me. I've loved it ever since and now it's even more special. God bless you John, I'll miss you.

You cannot view this attachment.

Richard

I've just re-read Angel Zero for the first time, because John Burns did the art, and found it to be much, much better than I had remembered. I think it suffered at the time from being mostly published in four-page instalments, which made it difficult to get into each week, and hard to keep track of the story; but in one sitting it's gold.

I hope it makes it into the Ultimate Collection.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 17 January, 2024, 12:22:25 AMI've just re-read Angel Zero for the first time, because John Burns did the art, and found it to be much, much better than I had remembered. I think it suffered at the time from being mostly published in four-page instalments, which made it difficult to get into each week, and hard to keep track of the story; but in one sitting it's gold.

Yeah, a bit of a forgotten thrill now but Angel Zero was brilliant.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

I loved Angel Zero. This was one of the new strips that I was introduced too when I starting reading the prog again
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Angel Zero was one of the earliest 'new' thrills I was exposed to in the prog and it has a very special place in my heart because of it, I recall it being quite dimly received at the time but intrigued to see it potentially get the reappraisal I feel it rightly deserves.

broodblik

After I read I always hoped for a sequel but without John Burns I would rather not
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Hibernia's new title, Lost Treasures includes "Children of the Stars" by John M. Burns.  It also reprints "The Long Way Home" by Jesús Blasco.  92 pages.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.