Main Menu

Asterix at 50

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 October, 2009, 08:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote...didn't the fella keep loosing his beard...

I now have a mental image of a Swiss bloke letting his facial hair roam freely about the orgy.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 October, 2009, 12:40:34 PM
Quote...didn't the fella keep loosing his beard...

I now have a mental image of a Swiss bloke letting his facial hair roam freely about the orgy.

That is in fact exactly what happened... no really...

Dandontdare

I always disliked Asterix (and Tintin) as a kid, because they were the only comics that teachers wanted you to read, and only the posh swotty kids seemed to appreciate them. If it didn't have dionosaurs ripping limbs off, I wasn't interested!

Adrian Bamforth

Yes they did a great job conveying the decadence of the Roman orgy without crossing the line (in their orgy 'game', participants must queue to dip their bread into a cauldron of melted cheese, undergoing a series of punishments should they lose their bread, thus uinadvertedly inventing the fondue. As the players become increasingly covered in cheese, the same sap keeps losing his bread. Meanwhile, the Swiss hosts keep infuriating the Romans by attempting to keep everything spotlessly clean.

One Roman in unable to stay and is given a 'packed orgy', basically a basket of extravagant food to consume while on horseback.

Just so many great jokes.

ThryllSeekyr

Read the comic, played the Sega games and have seen some of the Aterix films.

The latest aboput Roman fellow trying to murder his own father and then there were some chariot races.

I like the way they did the French celts --Gauls-- and the chariot races really do show how Slaine's yoke pole feat might have worked.

The film was improvement over the first, the quality of the product a vast improvement, but still not quite right.

Colin YNWA

I have to say I love the first two Asterix live action films, particularly Mission Cleopatra, they really capture the fun of smacking Romans!

On another note the realise of the 50th Ann. has led to the 3 best selling books there being comcis. Different world huh.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/10/31/the-three-bestselling-books-in-france-all-comics/

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 October, 2009, 07:38:56 PM
I always disliked Asterix (and Tintin) as a kid, because they were the only comics that teachers wanted you to read, and only the posh swotty kids seemed to appreciate them. If it didn't have dionosaurs ripping limbs off, I wasn't interested!
True for Tintin, not for Asterix.
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

The well known frence actor that is Obelix. Perfect for that role, buit I  also surprised at how short he really is. Standing next to the fellow who is Asterix.