Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 31 January, 2015, 02:05:37 PM
Some of the earlier floppies in particular were excellent. They should be reprinted and bagged with the floppies bagged in the Meg.

No?

Bye.

:lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

SuperSurfer

Hawkmumbler

Already been reprinted in an Extreme edition but missing out the BLAIR ONE material (rightly so some say) which I would like to read anyway.

ZenArcade

Has Meltdown Man been printed anywhere, it was rather a fun (if not slightly unsettling read) when I was but a whelp. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Has a massive omnibus out right now, Zen. Been meaning to pick it up myself but keep putting it off in the hope it'll turn up in a Thrill-Shop sale at some point.

ZenArcade

Must have a reread on this, the yugee concept was interesting back in the day. Cheers Hawk. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Judge Brian

What about reprinting some text stories? There must be more than 30 two page Dredd text stories that can be reprinted.

DarkDaysBish-OP

Quote from: Judge Brian on 16 April, 2015, 07:13:13 AM
What about reprinting some text stories? There must be more than 30 two page Dredd text stories that can be reprinted.

Probably make as much sense to publish those as an eBook. But Rebellion flirted with non-fiction eBooks of past Megazine Interrogations and that got shelved pretty quickly, suggesting a limited market [for non-fic, at least].

Fungus

Always enjoyed the interrogations, not so much the bitty text Dredd tales. I'd be in the market for a bumper collected (digital, perhaps) set of interrogations (Only quibble there is that they may come across as samey when read as one; read the prog (or not), drifted out of art, drifted back, etc.). In occasional monthly chunks I find they do add value to the Meg, and help its more 'grown-up' feel.

Colin YNWA

Shame these didn't take off (by the lack of follow up at least) as I really enjoyed this and would have loved to have seen more.

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: The monarch on 19 June, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
straitjacket fits

Thought I'd search the thread before making this suggestion. So there are at least two of us who would like to read The Straitjacket Fits again. At the time I didn't really get it all but I loved the art. There was an inconclusive epilogue in the 1993 JD annual that could be included in a collection.

I wonder whether it is creator-owned.

sheridan

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 02 June, 2015, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: The monarch on 19 June, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
straitjacket fits

Thought I'd search the thread before making this suggestion. So there are at least two of us who would like to read The Straitjacket Fits again. At the time I didn't really get it all but I loved the art. There was an inconclusive epilogue in the 1993 JD annual that could be included in a collection.

I wonder whether it is creator-owned.

...the artist of which will be at the Crouch End Comic Arts Festival this Saturday (I think, I'll have to pop over to the thread I started for it).