Main Menu

ABC Warriors - The Volgan War Volume 01...

Started by Mark Taylor, 08 August, 2009, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

...Just arrived in the post and I have to say WOW! This is a truly stunning volume.

Dark Jimbo

Any lowdown on the new strip content that was done especially for this volume? Got to admit the promise of that is quite exciting.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mark Taylor

I don't know what's new other than a sort of timeline of the Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors universe showing where it intersects with Savage and Nemesis at the beginning of the book. I've flicked through but I don't intend to read it until all 3 volumes are out, then I'll read them all in one go!

TordelBack

Quote...a sort of timeline of the Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors universe showing where it intersects with Savage and Nemesis at the beginning of the book.

That was my nerd head exploding just there. 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 August, 2009, 05:22:14 PM
Quote...a sort of timeline of the Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors universe showing where it intersects with Savage and Nemesis at the beginning of the book.

That was my nerd head exploding just there. 

me and you both TB, my Brain/Bollix just went into meltdown.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

planetoid

QuoteDamn you Pat Mills! Another tenner blown!

In the words of the man himself:

"Cry havoc and let loose/slip* the ABC robots of war!"

*take your pick  :D

Mike Gloady

Cracking volume, nice reproduction, the new pages are inserted appropriately, a nice intro and even fantastic endpapers depicting the Martian landscape (the ABC insignia on the title page is particularly nicely done).

Best element of all, the cracking tale aside, is the "PREVIOUSLY ON ABC WARRIORS" blurb giving everyone a vague clue as to the timeline and events both in the main strip itself and in the other Millsverse strips.  Very nice touch that.  Well done.

Pat Mills is very much on a creative high in recent years - this is exhibit A.  Can't wait for the next volume.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever