Main Menu

Alien Legion

Started by Mark Taylor, 25 November, 2009, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

I picked up Alien Legion Omnibus Volume 1, newly released from Dark Horse on a bit of a whim, just because it's sci-fi and that's my favourite genre.

Anyway the artwork is nothing to write home about but the writing is surprisingly good, with moments of brilliance I didn't really expect to find. On the (slightly) negative side it does have it's fair share of the cliches and cheesy dialogue you'd expect from a 1984 military sci-fi comic, and the 'aliens' aren't that alien in that they pretty much act like humans in differenty shaped bodies most of the time.

However, the stories have enough depth to make up for the flaws. Well worth picking up, in my opinion. If you enjoyed the original run of the V.C.s there's a fair chance you might like this.

Emperor

I noticed the announcement of the omnibus and it is interesting to hear there is another series due from Dark Horse and the film rights have been optioned, I was just unsure how the original stood up, so thanks for the recommendation.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+