Main Menu

Red Seas Phonebooks

Started by Mark Taylor, 18 September, 2012, 10:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Carried over from another thread where this is currently under discussion. Actually this isn't so much a suggestion as an entreaty. Pleasepleasepleaseplease oh Mighty Tharg, give us Red Seas phonebooks! I mean, it's even in black and white. Made for phonebooks. Would probably only take two large ones, too.

Proudhuff

oh why haven't we got a like button?  what he says  :D
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Yes! I'd buy that.

And while you're at it, do ABC Warriors and Slaine in the same format. You can switch to colour for the later stuff like the Dredd and Nemesis Case Files did.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IndigoPrime

The problem with Red Seas is it'd be the second trade reboot and the third collection of the same intro material. Also, I suspect less than stellar sales of the first book explains why we've not seen a second collection. Still, I'd also love to see phone-book Red Seas trades.

Colin YNWA

No being much of a trade buyer I can't say I'd buy it (though I might) but I certainly wish it was there to enable others to access that pirate goodness. A complete re-read of Red Seas is working its way up my to read list and I'm really looking forward to it.

Its a real shame that three of my favourite long running strips are hampered by poor trade programmes, Sinister Dexter, the afore mentioned Red Seas and I include Nikolai Dante as until volume 3 gets reprinted (or a completely new set of trades to cover the gap) its a real barrier to newbies and other interested parties getting into three of the greatest stories the comic has ever had.

Mind if the sales aren't there all the moaning from the hardcore fans ain't going to change that. Just shows I don't don't know how to back a winner!

Mark Taylor

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 September, 2012, 12:56:57 PM
The problem with Red Seas is it'd be the second trade reboot and the third collection of the same intro material. Also, I suspect less than stellar sales of the first book explains why we've not seen a second collection. Still, I'd also love to see phone-book Red Seas trades.

With Red Seas coming to an end, I imagine the attraction of having a truly 'complete' collection would attract more interest. Anyway don't phone books tend to sell better due to the greater value for money?

The original 'Anderson, Psi Division' trade didn't appear to do that well as there were still many unsold copies floating around for ages, but the series got a phone book reboot and is presumably doing okay as we know vol. 3 is coming out.