Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Long time since anyone posted on this thread - always love the boarders posting their efforts.

Great pic Hoagy I love the blood splatter from the punch
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

That's fantastic Hoagy. More please.

Hoagy

Thanks chaps. I'm having a wiind down with some tooth stuff so I'll post here, ok?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Hoagy

Biker Dredd.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Trooper McFad

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hoagy

I really have a blast with 2000ad property it's so full of engagement potential. Usually aggressive but alway a chance to experiment with the subjects and palette because they re such a part of my background. So when I'm burned out at the end of the year you'll find me coming back to them as a restorative device to regain balance , confidence and determination.

Ok. I'll resist sending any more over. Thanks for your time. Hope to see y'all in Bristol.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Trooper McFad

And there's the hatrick - left foot, Right foot and one on the head

You've spoiled us with that these leaving the best till last(in my opinion)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 January, 2023, 05:36:32 PM
That's fantastic Hoagy. More please.

Ask and yeh shall get!

Wonderful stuff. Particularly fond of the Stront piece. The energy in it is incredible!

The Legendary Shark

Rooting through old files, I just found this pic of a concept sketch I did ages ago for Davey at Paragon. I was quite chuffed with it at the time...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

And you should still be well chuffed with it. I don't know the characters or if they ever made it past concept but it's pretty good- I take it was all done digitally?
How long does something like that take?

The Legendary Shark

Thank you :)

Bludd and Xandi have indeed made several appearances in Paragon but I don't think they were very popular. It was all done digitally on a wonky Wacom plugged into a hookey copy of Corel Draw*, if I remember correctly. It was back in 2008ish so my memory's a bit vague. I have no idea how long it took, probably a couple of days with breaks for tea and telly. I usually don't do sketches, preferring to rely on the superior skills of the proper artist, but occasionally I feel it helps to chuck one in.

*I loved that program! I wish I could get a Linux version.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

He writes. He draws.
But can he sing?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

Sing? Nah - too busy blowing my own trumpet! :lol:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

Nice to see this threads alive again! Some lovely work there Hoagy.

This is a year or two old now, it's not finished. Abandoned it in the end when circumstances forced me to sell my drawing pad thingy. Alas.