bluemeanie

chaingunchimp

good stuff will get this downloaded later tonight
just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/

bluemeanie

Hopefully will be back on track with these.

Doing another one with Flint this weekend to get back up to speed and have an interview waiting in the wings which I'll be putting up a bit closer the release of the new strip it's talking about

flintlockjaw

It's the ECBT2000ad Paedophile Special!

The Legendary Shark

Brian May (from Queen) studied physics at Imperial College London, graduating with a BSc (Hons) degree in both physics and mathematics and ARCS with Upper Second-Class Honours. He then proceeded to study for a PhD degree, also at the Imperial College London departments of Physics and Mathematics, and was part way through this PhD programme, studying reflected light from interplanetary dust and the velocity of dust in the plane of the Solar System, when Queen became successful. He abandoned his physics doctorate but did co-author two scientific research papers: MgI Emission in the Night-Sky Spectrum (1972) and An Investigation of the Motion of Zodiacal Dust Particles (Part I) (1973), which were based on May's observations at the Teide Observatory in Tenerife. He is the co-author of Bang! – The Complete History of the Universe with Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott, which was published in October 2006. More than 30 years after he started his research, in October 2007 he completed his PhD thesis in astrophysics, entitled A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, passed his viva voce, and performed the required corrections. He officially graduated at the postgraduate awards ceremony held in the Royal Albert Hall, on the afternoon of Wednesday 14 May 2008.

Also, Brian Cox was a member of the rock band Dare and is now a British particle physicist, a Royal Society University Research Fellow and a professor at the University of Manchester. He is a member of the High Energy Physics group at the University of Manchester, and works on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider, CERN, near Geneva, Switzerland. He is also working on the R&D project of the FP420 experiment in an international collaboration to upgrade the ATLAS and the CMS experiment by installing additional, smaller detectors at a distance of 420 metres (1,380 ft) from the interaction points of the main experiments.

So, Max Opal's character in Savage isn't quite so unbelievable after all!

Good podcast, as ever, peeps!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

flintlockjaw

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 July, 2010, 05:40:14 PM
Brian May (from Queen) studied physics at Imperial College London, graduating with a BSc (Hons) degree in both physics and mathematics and ARCS with Upper Second-Class Honours. He then proceeded to study for a PhD degree, also at the Imperial College London departments of Physics and Mathematics, and was part way through this PhD programme, studying reflected light from interplanetary dust and the velocity of dust in the plane of the Solar System, when Queen became successful. He abandoned his physics doctorate but did co-author two scientific research papers: MgI Emission in the Night-Sky Spectrum (1972) and An Investigation of the Motion of Zodiacal Dust Particles (Part I) (1973), which were based on May's observations at the Teide Observatory in Tenerife. He is the co-author of Bang! – The Complete History of the Universe with Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott, which was published in October 2006. More than 30 years after he started his research, in October 2007 he completed his PhD thesis in astrophysics, entitled A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, passed his viva voce, and performed the required corrections. He officially graduated at the postgraduate awards ceremony held in the Royal Albert Hall, on the afternoon of Wednesday 14 May 2008.

Also, Brian Cox was a member of the rock band Dare and is now a British particle physicist, a Royal Society University Research Fellow and a professor at the University of Manchester. He is a member of the High Energy Physics group at the University of Manchester, and works on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider, CERN, near Geneva, Switzerland. He is also working on the R&D project of the FP420 experiment in an international collaboration to upgrade the ATLAS and the CMS experiment by installing additional, smaller detectors at a distance of 420 metres (1,380 ft) from the interaction points of the main experiments.

So, Max Opal's character in Savage isn't quite so unbelievable after all!

Good podcast, as ever, peeps!

See, I should know better!

I bet Mr.Mills knew that.

Emperor

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 29 July, 2010, 08:07:05 PMSee, I should know better!

I bet Mr.Mills knew that.

You can bet your ass he did - his research is impeccable ;)

That said I assume it is Brian May he was mainly thinking of.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

bluemeanie

Its a little known fact, but Lemmy from Motorhead was also the originator of string theory

Jim_Campbell

Greg Graffin, frontman of Bad Religion, is a university professor with a PhD in Evolutionary Biology.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 July, 2010, 10:57:14 PM
Greg Graffin, frontman of Bad Religion, is a university professor with a PhD in Evolutionary Biology.

Cheers!

Jim

HAHAHAHA!

That's Arsom!

I wonder how many 'stars' started off their career one way and ended up in another.

For Example...Gary Glitter started as a Rock Star and now he's a career Kiddy fiddler.

bluemeanie

"You cant show little girl nipples in comics... its frowned upon"

I need this on a t-shirt for the next comic con I go to  :lol:

Richmond Clements

QuoteGary Glitter started as a Rock Star and now he's a career Kiddy fiddler.

It worked for Roman Polanski.

Dolph Lundgren has a master's degree in chemical engineering.