Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Interestingly, Yojimbo was categorized as 'Adventure, Comedy, Black Comedy' on the Virgin Media listing. I didn't notice that until afterwards.

Satanist

Ant-Man at the weekend. It was good but was it £70 good as that's how much it cost me and the family after you chuck in food and drink? The answer is no, also the lights were fucked so it wasn't dark enough.

On the plus side if you go to the bowling at Glasgow Quay and check out the Star Wars pod me and my mate have the high score. As its only 3 letters we are ASS
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DaveGYNWA

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - bit of a mess, but enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Kids and wife loved it.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Kids and wife loved it.

Honeymoon - cutesy married couple head into the woods for their honeymoon. Again, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, not sure of wife enjoyed it or not. No chance of the kids seeing this.

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 27 July, 2015, 08:13:25 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - bit of a mess, but enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Kids and wife loved it.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Kids and wife loved it.

Honeymoon - cutesy married couple head into the woods for their honeymoon. Again, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, not sure of wife enjoyed it or not. No chance of the kids seeing this.

Is Honeymoon the [spoiler]alien shape change body horror[/spoiler] one? I quite fancy that
Lock up your spoons!

DaveGYNWA

That's the one - very slow burner but worth sticking with.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

ThryllSeekyr

I just caught the second half of Top Secret on cable television and if you remember how I dragged discussion of the passing of Omar Sheriff toward this and some old Egyptian themed film on the R.I.P..

Sometimes I think those people running the cable network are also reading my comments here. Anyway, I missed some best scene in between siting here doing my usual internet thing.

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Judge Olde

I watched Pixars 'Inside Out' - it's enjoyable, but grud knows who it was aimed at. Not adults, but unlikely kids. Doesn't really work on more than one level, unlike other pixar films have done. But it was fun & killed a couple of hours :)

Goaty

Saw it on Netflix US last night

Transfarters - Ages of Bores: seriously, how crap was that! what plot? and why like in last three films they kept filming the actions with blew up etc, and then give it to SFX team to try fit Transformers in it! Actors looks bored in it! lol

Nightcrawler - wow that was so brilliant! How Jake Gyllenhaal make himself so creepy! awesome.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Goaty on 30 July, 2015, 09:22:01 AM
Saw it on Netflix US last night

Transfarters - Ages of Bores: seriously, how crap was that! what plot? and why like in last three films they kept filming the actions with blew up etc, and then give it to SFX team to try fit Transformers in it! Actors looks bored in it! lol

Are you serious, I can't even find that one listed.

Watched both The Seventh Son (Again!!!..... and only after a few sittings of getting bit n pieces of it before finally watching most of it in one go!) and The Kingsman

As I thought back to the day I saw the first one in the cinema. I tried to give it another chance, because I'm really into the fantasy genre, but no it was just as bad in the way it was so sugary coated and over-stuffed with special effects to the point of over whelming the senses for no other apparent reason other than to show-off what those behind the scenes people can do these days.

A old friend once told me that less and is more it and that's films like this and John Carter of Mars serve only to give me a head ache and think about these films less.

This constant bombardment of visuals of witches seamlessly becoming mini-dragons, bears (Oh, that one was cool though!) that many armed ogre (Khali???) left me cold even though this sort of thing normally would tick all the boxes.

What really took the cake is Jeff Bridges as Greg the Wizard (I think not!!) or Spook (Perhaps... more likely!!!!) drunken-brawl his way through this un-epic quasi-medieval romp until he pass's the torch and it ends with our younger hero flicking the hood of garments over his face in such a way that causes my bile and hand to rise, the latter to almost cover my face and the former to just sit there before I force it down again. It's almost symbolic of needing a certain Jewish ritual for young men involving the removal of some skin.

It seems that either Mister Bridges is either faking this irritating way of using his voice. If not
realistically depicting how on his this sacred order should sound and it wasn't until I saw the beginning of this film a third time where he's knocking back a few in tavern that I realise that this is either part of act to fool other would be antagonists to let down their guard or he really is this drunk or maybe permanently lose partially power of speech from too much drinking. Because he talks this way for the rest of the film, like he thought it was a
good idea and everybody had to agree. It only serves to give me feeling of embarrassment for this venerable actor. I might have understood if his foolish old man act with a even dumber sounding voice was dropped after exiting the tavern (If memory serves me correctly...) after teaching those soldiers or bandits or whatever a lesson.

That would have been a much better idea and not abusing the English language with his dark-ages-stoner speak.

As for the Kingsman...if only more movies were like this. Then I guess, I wouldn't appreciate them so much, but still worth asking for. Great stuff and the church massacre only reinforces what I'm starting to think about some religions or maybe that's just symbolism for what it's like to live inside the box and suffer for it.

Stayed tuned for my Cast of Slaine from Cast of Kingsman and guess who is who......

{b]BTW[/b] I notice that I can be very obnoxious in my commentary, but I sometimes I can't help and it does feel like so good as taking a massive dump on the lavatory.

Now wiping my ass...

Buttonman

I'm going to be on afternoon quiz show 15-1. Lovely host Sandi Toksvig discussed my blog with me so I better stick up some content prior to transmission - this could see my numbers rocket to double figures!

First up from Netflix Where the Heart Is.

Fungus

Quote from: Buttonman on 01 August, 2015, 12:25:39 PM
I'm going to be on afternoon quiz show 15-1.

Nice. Curiously, I was at Parkhead on Wednesday night - a rare occurrence - and a bloke arrived 25 mins into the match, bit hot & bothered. Turns out he missed the start as his appearance on 15-1 had ran and ran.... he won. Not a good enough score to progress further though. I won't elaborate on his name/nationality/excitable shirt choice, that would be flirting with spoiler territory for our daytime-minded boarders. Scotland: at least we do quizzes !

Buttonman

Haha small world Fungus. My filmings were on Thursday but one of the returning players mentioned last night's winner rushing off to Parkhead!

TordelBack

Must say that I envy you there, BM!  Meeting Ms Toksvig is a bit of a dream of mine. I've loved her (platonically) since I first saw her on No. 72, the best of the 80s Saturday morning shows, and she is, by her own admission, the very finest purveyor of Danish midget lesbian jokes, which have kept me entertained through decades of radio. She has the courage of her convictions too. I trust she lived up to my expectations?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TotalHack on 01 August, 2015, 05:54:58 PM
Must say that I envy you there, BM!  Meeting Ms Toksvig is a bit of a dream of mine. I've loved her (platonically) since I first saw her on No. 73, the best of the 80s Saturday morning shows

FTFY