Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Nikolai Dante vs. Survival Geeks Rd 5 Heat 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 August, 2022, 07:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Survival Geeks was a lot of fun and improved a lot as the run went on, but Nikolai Dante is a 2000 AD classic. No contest.

AlexF

The very opening run of Dante was a real treat in the Prog. Simon Fraser's art felt unlike anything else, so bright and colourful, and the story was just wild and weird. There was the promise of some ENORMOUS, sprawling epic going on. Of course we'd never get that epic, because new thrills in the 90s just came and went after like 2 or 3 outings at best. But Dante kept on coming back, and being good, and earning the right to take long breaks, to change tones a couple of times.

Survival Geeks dared to be funny, and then keep on being funny, with room for a bit of poignant character stuff, and loads of great Geekster eggs in the artwork. But it's not comparable to the moster that is

The Adventures of Nikolai Dante

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Well if the other tie today is close this one is the opposite extreme. One way traffic here and I'll put Survival Geeks out of its misery in the morning.

norton canes

Missed out on most of Dante. Loved all of Survival Geeks.

Survival Geeks

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

As straightforward as they come this one. And to be honest fun as Survival Geeks is that's hardly surprising. In the end, as predicted they just couldn't keep up with the epic meladrama and

Nikolai Dante

will be facing tougher challenges in Round 6

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: NapalmKev on 11 August, 2022, 09:30:32 AM
I'm one of the few that isn't a fan of Dante.

Survival Geeks

Cheers

It took a very long time for me to come round; some time into Tsar Wars I think.  Before that I thought the dialogue was stilted, the main character was seriously dislikeable, and the setting wasn't interesting. 

I ended up not just loving the story, but actually liking Dante himself as he matured into a far more interesting character.  I miss the sly old fecker.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"