2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

Colin YNWA

Simple genius. the best kind

Stu101

Just stumbled across this thread.
Ming these are great, and full of character.
Are we to see chopper progress through his story arc?

Hawkmumbler

Gods sake man stop being so awesome!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Stu101 on 03 May, 2014, 08:23:36 PM
Just stumbled across this thread.
Ming these are great, and full of character.
Are we to see chopper progress through his story arc?

Skysurfer Chopper / Supersurf Seven would be great but I'd like to do it justice, which means building a chunk of the Big Meg... Probably have to wait until someone sends me a couple of boatloads of bricks, unfortunately.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

Andrew_J

This thread gets better and better each time I open it. "Lego" and "Fleshdozer" in the same sentence just made my day.
Someone (and I'm volunteering if you're asking) needs to make parts lists and build instructions for these.

ming

If I ever make anything I'm completely happy with (only Doctor Feeley Good has come close) I'll try and break the build down into parts and instructions.  It's all just made up as I go along though, with whatever bits and pieces are to hand, telling stories to the boys as I go.  I do dream of large piles of bricks and the time to do the material justice...

Meanwhile, an obvious (and easy) follow up to yesterday's Chopper...

"The Phantom went out scrawling..."

TordelBack

He went out scrawlin'. 

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 May, 2014, 11:36:57 AM
He went out scrawlin'.

Indeed he did.

The younglings have now been comprehensively schooled in this old-school Thrill (aged three-and-a-half and five they somehow already knew all about graffiti) and although the tale was well-received overall the main take-home message was that Marlon's Mum's hobby is attempting to head eggs into a bucket, which they found hilarious.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: ming on 04 May, 2014, 05:04:22 PM
He went out scrawlin'.

Indeed he did.

The younglings have now been comprehensively schooled in this old-school Thrill (aged three-and-a-half and five they somehow already knew all about graffiti) and although the tale was well-received overall the main take-home message was that Marlon's Mum's hobby is attempting to head eggs into a bucket, which they found hilarious.

Was that not his Dad's hobby? His mum did washing up, I recall..? </pedant>

Colin YNWA

Out of interest on a comics forum do you need to turn 'pedant' functions on? Surely they come as default?

ming

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 May, 2014, 05:14:31 PM
Quote from: ming on 04 May, 2014, 05:04:22 PM
He went out scrawlin'.

Indeed he did.

Was that not his Dad's hobby? His mum did washing up, I recall..? </pedant>

You're right, of course!  I've somehow got it fixed in my head that Ma Shakespeare was the egg-header and Pa was a bat-glider... I think I've had that fixed in my head for decades and no amount of re-reads is likely to correct it!

Colin YNWA

Was the bat glider Citzen Snorks dad or am I miss remembering that?