Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

I want that too, but just to dismantle it and make something more entertaining.  And then dismantle it and make something more entertaining.  And on and on.  What I couldn't do with 60,000 bricks...

Anyway, will try and rustle something up with the boys later.  Won't be a bedroom, though! :)

ming

"It's Lightsabre versus Radsweeper, creep, and I don't aim to lose!"

:D

Colin YNWA

That Death is taking things to a new level.

ZenArcade

Ming, the Judge Death is somethingelse. Z  :D :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: Colin_Minestrone on 09 May, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
I'm hoping for a miracle this weekend

I was thinking more lentil, neebs, but minestrone works almost as well. Ming, did you hear Pat Mills's kind words regarding your lego builds in his most recent (epic) chat with ECBT2000ad?

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 09 May, 2014, 09:54:05 PM
Quote from: Colin_Minestrone on 09 May, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
I'm hoping for a miracle this weekend

I was thinking more lentil, neebs, but minestrone works almost as well.

If fellow forumite DaveG doesn't adjust his handle with the word 'Minestrone' too, that unfortunately means Greg M and Grey M@a will be bumped up to the number 1 "double take" slot.

ming

Quote from: sauchie on 09 May, 2014, 09:54:05 PMMing, did you hear Pat Mills's kind words regarding your lego builds in his most recent (epic) chat with ECBT2000ad?

I did, I did!  Pat's also left a few nice comments via Facebook (and shared a few of the builds); John Wagner liked the Death too, which means I can probably retire now.  :D

Anyway, this whole adventure is a nice departure from the standard licenced Lego stuff; why just put up with Star Wars, Big Two Superheroes, etc. when you can create and instill enthusiasm in 2000AD just as easily?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Every time I look at this thread I am inspired to go and build something, but then I run out of time.
Lock up your spoons!

ming

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 May, 2014, 11:32:42 AM
Every time I look at this thread I am inspired to go and build something, but then I run out of time.

Do it!  Do it NOW!  Or later.

If you have an idea in your head, just start fitting a few bricks together to make a part of what you want to build.  Then just let it go where it wants to go...  I don't spend hours and hours on these (and they're all very short-lived apart from Ro-Jaws and Doctor Feeley Good, who are still sitting on the window sill at the request of the boys).

Anyway, I'd love to see what you come up with.

:)

ming

"I see a ship!  A big ship!"

I read a potted version of the Terra-Meks to the boys a some months back so Charlie's been on the cards for a while.  As usual, with a few more bits (curves, etc.) I could do better, but this was fun anyway.  I quite like the second pair of arms and the area around the eyes.

Andrew_J

Ha!ha! That's amazing. I love the "standing up to his knees in water" effect you've achieved.

ming

Quote from: Andrew_J on 11 May, 2014, 06:22:55 PM
Ha!ha! That's amazing. I love the "standing up to his knees in water" effect you've achieved.

Both faithful to the source and economical, given the small amount of bricks left at that point...  ;)

Dandontdare

the eyes are great! You've captured Charlie's expression perfectly

vzzbux

Sorry for hijacking.
I was creating with Sophie last week using aqua bead type thingies, she made a minion but I just couldn't resist. She wouldn't let me meld it together though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ming

Quote from: vzzbux on 13 May, 2014, 09:33:45 PMSorry for hijacking.
I was creating with Sophie last week using aqua bead type thingies, she made a minion but I just couldn't resist. She wouldn't let me meld it together though.

Hijack away!* :) 

Those bead things have a lot of scope for shoe-horning in the odd 2000AD character; Tharg would be great ;)

*we also have this thread: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,40215.0.html