Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Its a point that seems to get lost in all the admiration of your wonderful Lego work bit really how lovely and spotlessly shiny is your floor in ever photo!

I know housekeeping is a minor thing in the face of such glorious nerdery but really well done sir.

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 February, 2015, 09:03:56 PM
Its a point that seems to get lost in all the admiration of your wonderful Lego work bit really how lovely and spotlessly shiny is your floor in ever photo!

I know housekeeping is a minor thing in the face of such glorious nerdery but really well done sir.

With the boys rolling around all over it the shiny floor takes care of itself, pretty much.  The last three pics actually feature the kitchen workbench, the in-laws' dining table and our Lego table, respectively.  I know you need to know these things!

:)

There's a 2000AD cover recreation to be attempted in the next couple of days... Not sure how well it'll work but we'll give it a whirl.

ming

"The Last Trundle of the Fatinum Horde", Prog 217.

Alan More-Pie's classic Future Shock told the tale of the Fatinum Horde, setting out from their home world and rampaging their way across the universe, eventually returning to their by-now-unrecognisable starting point and subsequently eating it.  *burp*  S'cuse me.

Let's face it, if you saw one of these guys trundling towards you, brandishing a sausage, you'd run for the hills - and rightly so.

Colin YNWA

If there was ever the clear need to get Tharg to get a photo-strip in the Prog!

ZenArcade

Or the meg!! Z ps wonderful as ever ming.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ming

This one was great fun. 

"No! No! Not...the teeth!"

Colin YNWA

Ha! That took me a few seconds to place but very, very good.

Geoff

Brother Morgar would be proud!

And those fatties are f'ing hilarious.  Some people might question what you're doing with your time... or suggest that you might be too old for this sort of thing.

I wouldn't be one of them...

ZenArcade

Oh Ming, you are a God to me. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ming

Quote from: Geoff on 22 February, 2015, 08:24:11 PMBrother Morgar would be proud!

And those fatties are f'ing hilarious.  Some people might question what you're doing with your time... or suggest that you might be too old for this sort of thing.

I wouldn't be one of them...

Geoff, if you look back over the thread, you'll see that our two boys provided the excuse for this venture.  We started off with a decidedly modest amount of bricks but over the past couple of years things have escalated slightly (as is the way when you combine Lego with growing kids).  They've yet to delve into the Prog (they're four and six-ish) but this has been a great way to familiarise them with various characters and stories.  I'm incredibly proud of the fact they have little interest in TV and would rather sit down with a book or draw or play with Lego... Their attention spans are greater than mine, for sure.  The fact that I sit down with them and make this stuff for an hour or two now and then works for all of us.

Geoff

And works for all of us on the forum too, they're fantastic!

Had a scan back over the previous pages - great to see them published in the prog/meg. Bunter Block outing to the Cursed earth is a particular favourite.

Couldn't agree more about keeping the little ones amused.  My son (Charlie) is a recent addition, he's only about 15months but he loves to build and break and play with toys - showing little interest in the telly. He's got a little way to go yet but maybe ready for Duplo soon...

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 February, 2015, 12:17:13 PMMax Normal has really let himself go.

Heh, that's the head and bowler hat I had on a generic suited body for a while in an attempt to make the Pinstripe Freak - but Max Normal looked a bit too normal so his head migrated...  I did consider trying to make a Shuggy Hall scene for him though; could populate it with some random cits, simps and perps, maybe.

gurnard

Loving The Cursed Earth one, all of them are fantastic, almost a comic in it's own right that sequence, nice one.

Colin YNWA

Ignore this failed attempt to add photo... which used to be easy...