Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 July, 2015, 01:32:19 PM
Someone is gegging in on the act!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/06/fan-recreates-classic-comic-book-covers-in-lego/

Those are a bit crap, if you ask me!  Then again, the beauty of the 2000AD stuff is that there are no pre-existing minifigures to lean on, and any recreations of any scenes have to be done from scratch.  Although I'd dearly love some proper 2000AD minifigures it's a lot of fun just seeing what I can come up with from a bunch of random bits and pieces.

The only cover recreation I really attempted was that McMahon 'Last Rumble of the Platinum Horde' one I posted a while back (avec le fatties), but maybe I should put my thinking cap on and see if I can do more...  Purely for youngling educational reasons, you understand.

:)

Dandontdare

boo cheat - he's using ready made Marvel and DC figs. Rubbish!

Colin YNWA

That's the thing with people who gegg in (is that a term other people use by the way, its one I've not since childhood!) they rarely if ever live up to the originator and in this case that's very clear.

allied72

I usually enter the Art Competition, this months theme is Block Mania, looking for inspiration so my 7 year old and me got thinking on a Block Mania/Lego Block pun, put this together for a bit of fun....the background is photoshopped in, I'm not that good at building, I'm sad to say.

allied72

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: allied72 on 07 July, 2015, 12:17:21 PM
I usually enter the Art Competition

...is this an entry? I'm happy for it to be!

ZenArcade

It'd get a vote from me....and Ming I guess. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

allied72

Oh, ok, I'll put it in as an entry, working on a more traditional drawing too, but the more the merrier.....

ming

"Blimey!  He's like a... a docker!"  :lol:

Work in progress; need to weld another docker on before this is done!  Will try and get the rest including the legs done tomorrow - and will probably tweak the arm attachment point.  May also resort to making some stickers for the eyes; so much of Mek's character resides in his mischievous-looking optics.

Nice to get back in the saddle, sitting with the boys while they make their own things and getting advice over the best way forward with this one.  (Also regaling them with tales of Mad George and The Mess, which was fun.)

allied72

ming

"Blimey!  He's like three dockers welded together!"

This is a bit more like it...  Fairly happy with this one!

Colin YNWA

Blimey that's a bit good. Welcome back - HOOORRRAAAHHHHHH

Bat King

Another brilliant one Ming!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 05 October, 2015, 08:25:36 PM
"Blimey!  He's like three dockers welded together!"

This is a bit more like it...  Fairly happy with this one!

My favorite yet.

Greg M.

The eyes are indeed the masterstroke.