Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

LincnashOZ the additions to mean are great (are you giving him a waist coat?)

Well to my first completion of the year which I delayed to get Gene Finished.

This one I used a Hawkeye toy figure as my base and there are no moving parts. It seems apt that Jonny Alpha is about to launch in February that I have now created one of his great rivals (or at least one of the clan).

I give you one of the STIX brothers

As usual I have pictures of the figure primed, base coated and finished.

I'm busy on a few more so hopefully another one ready by the end of Feb.

Hope you enjoy.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

Oh very nicely done, Trooper, but shouldn't you be in bed?
Beware, sir—the lurgy spares no one, no matter how pretty their figures.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

It was completed Tuesday but couldn't manage yesterday to post or this morning but feeling better now thanks 🙂

I'm now returning to the final solution 😁

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 19 January, 2023, 03:17:47 PM

Yes he's got a torn red shirt/waistcoat like the classic Prog covers, without pics I'm just a tease hehe.
Living in upside-down land, the good weather of Summer has me ignoring kitbashing/modelling and communing with nature instead.
Even been fishing twice with zero catches to show for it :-)
MUST remember to source Radback golden sands for basing miniatures.
I promise to get some pics of the finished Mean Machine ((mebbe with his brother Fink (Destiny's Angels style) as well)) up here soon, mebbe this weekend.

I wouldn't want to take the spotlight away from your next ZARJAZ project. ;-)
Stix is great, just like your other superb creations.
Only 99 more mutant brothers to go :-)

"The Stix Brothers are a clan of over 100 identical mutant siblings."

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stix-brothers/4005-6067/

;-)

edit: Get well soon Mr. McFad, Fungus mixed with the creeping buboes can be contagious to others.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 19 January, 2023, 07:54:29 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 19 January, 2023, 03:17:47 PM

Yes he's got a torn red shirt/waistcoat like the classic Prog covers, without pics I'm just a tease hehe.
Living in upside-down land, the good weather of Summer has me ignoring kitbashing/modelling and communing with nature instead.
Even been fishing twice with zero catches to show for it :-)
MUST remember to source Radback golden sands for basing miniatures.
I promise to get some pics of the finished Mean Machine ((mebbe with his brother Fink (Destiny's Angels style) as well)) up here soon, mebbe this weekend.

I wouldn't want to take the spotlight away from your next ZARJAZ project. ;-)
Stix is great, just like your other superb creations.
Only 99 more mutant brothers to go :-)

"The Stix Brothers are a clan of over 100 identical mutant siblings."

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stix-brothers/4005-6067/

;-)

edit: Get well soon Mr. McFad, Fungus mixed with the creeping buboes can be contagious to others.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mean with his waist coat 👍🏻

As we are in the depths of winter here in CalHab I'm jealous that you're out and about in the sunshine  (👍🏻 Enjoy)

You can post pics at any time don't accommodate me I'm just a half wit that likes playing with clay/milliput/sculpty

3 Stix would have been a task never mind 100!!

I'm feeling better now after popping some pills and doing very little bar lying in bed/couch

lincnash

Luverly sunny morning, so no excuses to not post some Mean pics.
Last post I wrote "red shirt" (Trek influence?), should have checked my previous post and links to classic Prog covers.
Prog "colour accurate" scheme is red trousers and blue shirt as per Post #103 this thread. DOH!

MEAN IS COMPLETE AND UP TO 4!!

Me an' my brother.
Destiny's Angels.

This pic may be a trigger for the more sensitive Squaxx viewing the thread, I cannot be held responsible for years of therapy if you are upset by the following image ;-)
BOK!!!

ZARJAZ!!!

Trooper McFad

The waist coat is the cheery on top.
That Mean is mean, put together with his bro and up against Dredd those pics are great.

Well done Lincnash now go and enjoy the Radback sunshine and ponder another creation 👍🏻😁

lincnash

Cheers mate, I really like the DIY aesthetic of Mean, he's great in my eyes.

<snip>
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 January, 2023, 10:51:50 PM
.... and ponder another creation 👍🏻😁

I've been contemplating this fellow and may be able to pay homage to Mr. McMahon with an old Dredd enemy made with the "bigger" head from this set, on a Marvel Legends HULK body along with fabric and sprue accessories.
https://www.amazon.com/Imaginext-Fisher-Price-Friends-Crocodile/dp/B07HR7R7NJ
Middle aged male Squaxx standing in TOYS R' US, intently checking toddlers toys for scale accuracy (in store) may be an issue with the staff.
But definitely something to ponder.
😁

Trooper McFad

That would be a great build - have you checked out eballs for a suitable head donar? Saves the standing in toy shops 😂😂😂

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 23 January, 2023, 07:17:18 AM
suitable head donor?

'In hand' is good to check scale before purchase on potential custom bits n' bobs.
I hate to waste and a few times, something I've bought from EvilPay looks great in pics.
But too small or big when it arrives, so not much use for the planned parts.

My plans for a 1/12 Klegg (if doable) are all still in in the genesis stage.
Just toying (pun intended) with ideas really.

broodblik

Following was done by Marcus White - Charley's War (you can follow his work on youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/@DioramaArt):

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JohnW

The chevrons on his sleeve are too thick. Do I win the nitpicker's prize for today?

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

JohnW

That's Joe Colquhoun, not Ian Gibson, but you probably knew that.
And for my nitpicking lap of honour, may I add:
A rare slip by Colquhoun, but the story illustrated is set in the summer of 1916, and that gas mask didn't come into service until late autumn. Lastly (as any schoolboy could no doubt tell you), the puttees are wrapped the wrong way. Infantry wore them as shown, fastened at the knee, but cavalry and artillery wound their puttees from the knee downwards, tying them at the ankle.

If you want to be a know-all, it's not enough to know it all. You have to tell people.

(Nitpicking aside, it's a beautifully done model. I had a butcher's at Marcus White's YouTube, and I am impressed. The how-to of the last stand of the IXth Legion is a standout.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JWare on 27 January, 2023, 03:19:17 PM
That's Joe Colquhoun, not Ian Gibson, but you probably knew that.

Arh now is it???? In my head the original Titan covers were done by Ian Gibson and the cover to book 1 defo looks like his work. Book 2 is less clear but I'd say that spiky tree in the background looks very Ian Gibson BUT Barney has them listed as the series artist Joe Colquhoun - but I'm not convinced.

Can anyone confirm either way as I'm dead curious now (and would have had a fiver bet they were Gibson)