Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

2000 Ad Encyclopedia - Hardback, 368 pages, 15th February 2022

From A.B.C. Warriors to Zenith! Meticulously researched and compiled for comics fans everywhere, the 2000 AD Encyclopedia is the essential fact compendium to the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

What are the essential Judge Dredd stories? In which progs did The Ballad of Halo Jones run? What year was the first appearance of Nemesis the Warlock? Just who are the Thrillsuckers? Look no further, Earthlets! Every strip and major character from 2000 AD's trailblazing 45 year history is catalogued and detailed, accompanied by stunning artwork and illustrations. With this show-stopping hardcover collection, must-read characters and storylines from across the cosmos are at your fingertips!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Blaze of Glory - paperback, 144 pages, 1st March 2022

Fast, furious and hysterically funny stories from the pen of Al Ewing (Marvel's Immortal Hulk), chronicling the highs and lows of Judge Dredd, Lawman of the Future. This action packed collection has an exclusive Liam Sharp (Green Lantern) cover.

I'd struggle to overstate how much I enjoy and admire Al Ewing's work [...] A typical Ewing story is technically ambitious, ethically astute, and intellectually playful. In short; great fun. - Sequart

Go on patrol and see Mega-City One - and beyond - through the eyes of Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk), one of the most original writers in comics, as Judge Dredd dispenses justice to mutants, laidback religious cults, the Sex Olympics and Santa Claus. But when polite ex-stripper Zombo appears in his dimension, has old Stoney Face finally met his match?

Collecting many of Ewing's outrageous Dredd stories for the first time and featuring an all-star cast of artists, including Liam Sharp (Green Lantern, Wonder Woman), John Higgins (Dreadnoughts: Breaking Ground, Judge Dredd, Watchmen), Simon Fraser (Judge Dredd, Nikolai Dante) and Ben Willsher (Roy of the Rovers, Judge Dredd), this is an essential collection for fans of the Law.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Best of John Wagner's Judge Dredd - hardback, 304 pages, 15th March 2022

In celebration of the original Mega-City master, this collects the very best of John Wagner's Judge Dredd stories!

He is one of the best-known voices in British comics, respected and revered for revitalising the industry in the 1970s and co-creating the iconic 'Lawman of the future' - Judge Dredd.

In celebration of his forty-five years chronicling the madness and mayhem of Mega-City One, this collection features some of the funniest, most poignant and action-packed tales penned by the great man himself.

If it's got both Bury My Knee and Finger of Suspicion, I'm in.  I'll even buy a copy for my brother.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

2000 Ad Regened Volume 3 - Paperback, 112 pages, 15th March 2022

The Galaxy's favourite all ages sci-fi spectacular is storming into its third collection!

The critically acclaimed all ages comic from 2000 AD returns!

A fantastic introduction to 2000 AD... 9/10 - Comicsthegathering

The galaxy's favourite thrill-powered science fiction comic is back with another line up of electrifying stories aimed at all ages! Reimagined versions of classic 2000 AD characters like Judge Dredd, star alongside brand new characters, specially created for a younger audience.

In this, the third smashing volume, follow the action packed adventures of Cadet Dredd as he battles giant robots! Save the world from aliens with Judge Anderson! Meet the mightiest cat burglar of Mega-City One! Marvel at the brain-busting and jaw dropping Future Shocks! Plus, in an exclusive new strip, classic 2000 AD characters the Harlem Heroes return!

Critically acclaimed and beloved by old and new fans alike, 2000 AD Regened storms into its third brilliant collection. Can you handle the awesomeness of 2000 AD Regened?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Complete Scarlet Traces, Volume Three - paperback, 128 pages, 17th March 2022

The visionary comic series from Ian Edginton and D'Israeli continues!

It is 1968 and the Martians have finally returned and are ready to wreck their terrible revenge. Can a ragtag team of Humans and Venusian survivors, spread across the solar system, stop the Martian plan to weaponise the sun itself and wipe humanity off the Earth?

This third volume of the critically acclaimed sequel to H.G. Wells' iconic novel The War of the Worlds is 128 pages long.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

JUDGES Volume Three - Paperback (novel), 416 pages, 3rd February 2022

The next in the collected series of novellas.

United States of America, 2051 A.D.

It has been twenty years since Eustace Fargo's justice bill was passed. There are new weapons on the streets and vast city blocks rising to the sky, as the first human being sets out to visit another star system. New York, California and Texas cry out for autonomy, chafing against a federal government they feel has lost control.

Reeling from news of Chief Justice Fargo's death in service, the nation asks: has it all been worth it?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 July, 2021, 01:14:33 PM
In celebration of the original Mega-City master, this collects the very best of John Wagner's Judge Dredd stories!
This is going to need to be a big book!
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

304 pages, apparently, which is pretty chunky. I don't envy whoever had to put that together. Compiling the best of the master's stories must have been insanely tricky.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 July, 2021, 03:08:53 PM
304 pages, apparently, which is pretty chunky. I don't envy whoever had to put that together. Compiling the best of the master's stories must have been insanely tricky.

It's America, reprinted 2.5 times...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

davidbishop

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 July, 2021, 03:09:56 PM

America is only 62 pages, it fits into that nearly 5 times!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 July, 2021, 03:09:56 PM
It's The Best of John Wagner's Judge Dredd, not The Best of John Wagner's Dreddworld Spinoffs. Which is a shame, as otherwise Al's Baby would be in there.
We never really die.

Rogue Judge

January 18, 2022

ABOUT
The essential Judge Dredd graphic novel series - the ultimate introduction to the Lawman of the Future - continues with the heartstopping horror Dredd Vs. Death!

The essential Judge Dredd graphic novel series - the ultimate introduction to the Lawman of the Future!

"When people think of Dredd enemies, they think of The Dark Judges." - Comics Beat

The crime is life! The Judgement is death! When Judge Death enters Mega-City One from a parallel dimension, his plan is simple: to find every single living cit and sentence them – to death!

The fourth volume in the oversized Essential Dredd series includes the first two Judge Death stories, from John Wagner (A History of Violence) and Brian Bolland (The Killing Joke) presented in stunning black and white, and featuring restored pages. It also includes the first solo Judge Anderson adventure, presented in luscious new colours, also starring Judge Death. The critically acclaimed Essential Dredd Collection is a perfect jumping on point for new readers and this volume introduces Judge Death, the Dark Judges and wisecracking Psi Judge Cassandra Anderson.

Richard

When did Robin Smith do a Judge Death story?

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 04 August, 2021, 09:22:05 AM

A few episodes of the first Anderson Psi Division story, Revenge (also known as The Four Dark Judges) - after Brett Ewins and before Cliff Robinson.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 04 August, 2021, 09:25:58 AM
Quote from: Richard on 04 August, 2021, 09:22:05 AM

A few episodes of the first Anderson Psi Division story, Revenge (also known as The Four Dark Judges) - after Brett Ewins and before Cliff Robinson.
He did an episode or two of the Anderson story that's included. Was it between Ewins and Robinson (maybe after to finsh up I can't remember)

Edit: OR

Quote from: sheridan on 04 August, 2021, 09:25:58 AM

What he said!