Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

My two Kleggs from Hiya just arrived today, no emails or import duties. Unlike the rest of the range they are in boxes with modded transparent internal holders - much like 3A.

Frankly they are THE best bit of 2000ad merch in years.

Hiya need to do a Sensitive Klegg variant asap.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

lincnash

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 20 December, 2022, 04:19:37 PM
The Klegg literally just arrived here...

Quote from: BPP on 20 December, 2022, 05:16:23 PM
My two Kleggs from Hiya just arrived today...

Frankly they are THE best bit of 2000ad merch in years.

I'll have to take the Squaxx's word for it because...

:-) :-) :-)

Klegg is the character I am most waiting to see the actual figure and packaging.
I was not willing to commit to a preorder without seeing what I would get.
1/18 scale is just not my thing but it's a 2000AD character that looks like a Sci-Fi version of an Aussie Salt Water Croc with a rocket pack and BFG.
... and the misguided hope of supporting the HIYA/2000AD series leads to greater things and releases.
:-)

Please post some pics fellows, it will be greatly appreciated.
;-)

Barrington Boots

Your wish is my command.

Fresh out of his packaging yesterday:

On the shelves this morning:

Here's the box, if you want to see that. Noot the cool spelling of 'mercenarise'.

Packaging-wise, as BPP said the box contained a modded holder, two extra hands, the base and some weird little clips (possibly for joining the base to another? I'm not really an action figure nomally)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Lawman of the Present

Looks great. I find it odd that the line has inconsistencies in packaging between the Klegg, smaller figures and the Dredd v Death twin pack. Not just in box style but graphic design, as though there's no set vision for the whole range. Having a photo of toy Klegg by the title for example is different to other releases which had comic art.

Leigh S

Looks lovely and makes me slightly more frustrated these are so hard to get to

"Mercenarise" though?

lincnash

Thank you very much B.B. those pics are greatly appreciated.
Klegg looks great and as BPP remarked earlier, that windowbox packaging is a great addition to HIYA's luverly products.
The 'Dredd badge' clamshell/card + bubble packaging are very nice but look to be standard style which must be damaged to open the figure.
Kleggley's windowbox looks much more collector friendly and I'd assume Dredd/Lawmaster and Anderson/Lawmaster may use this package style.
ZARJAZ!!!

Must resist because if I pay a high price for Klegg, I would just end up paying through the nose for whole 'regular' set (B&W variants have all the thrills sucked from them already, 'in package'. Not interested at all) of HIYA's 2000AD goodies.
The series has had a bit of a rocky start with the initial pre-order teasers then multiple release delays, due to the issues China is facing at the moment.
Looks to be spreading the Thrill Power now, may even expose non-scrots and Meggers to 2000AD.
:-)

BPP

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 21 December, 2022, 02:52:25 PM
Looks great. I find it odd that the line has inconsistencies in packaging between the Klegg, smaller figures and the Dredd v Death twin pack. Not just in box style but graphic design, as though there's no set vision for the whole range. Having a photo of toy Klegg by the title for example is different to other releases which had comic art.

This seems a really nit-picking criticism. The box is swathed it Henry Flint art. It's great.
So far Juve received 5 figure - all bar Dredd and Death - and I can't see a single room for complaint except for the fact I'll compulsively need to buy 2 of each with blister-pack packaging. 
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dash Decent

The Hiya site says they've sold out of the Dredd figure. Hopefully that's just 'for now'.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 January, 2023, 09:51:53 PM
The Hiya site says they've sold out of the Dredd figure. Hopefully that's just 'for now'.

Looking back at their other lines (Aliens - marines for example) I don't think they do a re issue so it will only be what's out there with other vendors or eballs 🙁

Lawman of the Present

Lucky those who managed to get hold of them, they're a fine set. With how much of a pain it's been trying to source these, (mostly still unfulfilled preorders across the UK it seems, aside from a handful of sold-out stores that obtained imports, unless I'm mistaken) sadly it's killed much of my enthusiasm and I've simply been spending more time than I can really justify on the hunt.

I'm not personally willing to pay the inflated prices on eBay or Amazon nor risk import fees, so I've left the Zavvi orders open; they don't take the money til they're ready to ship, so there's nothing to lose really in hoping for the best. If they ever arrive I'll be delighted, if not then I've saved a fair few creds!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 13 January, 2023, 10:48:07 AM
Lucky those who managed to get hold of them, they're a fine set. With how much of a pain it's been trying to source these, (mostly still unfulfilled preorders across the UK it seems, aside from a handful of sold-out stores that obtained imports, unless I'm mistaken) sadly it's killed much of my enthusiasm and I've simply been spending more time than I can really justify on the hunt.

I'm not personally willing to pay the inflated prices on eBay or Amazon nor risk import fees, so I've left the Zavvi orders open; they don't take the money til they're ready to ship, so there's nothing to lose really in hoping for the best. If they ever arrive I'll be delighted, if not then I've saved a fair few creds!

I'm in your boat now and won't be pre ordering any more even if they do release some stonking wish list figures 🙁

Dash Decent

The Hiya website now includes B&W Dredd and B&W Mortis (though as "Coming Soon", like everything else).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The B&W listings seem to have disappeared, but here's the direct link to B&W Dredd
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll