Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Brit-Cit Babes vs. Counterfeit Girl Rd 2 Heat 06

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 January, 2022, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Link P, have you tried much of Milligan's American comics stuff? It's not all good, but I REALLY liked his X-Force/X-Statix, and his Human Target. You know, in case you want to try un-breaking that heart.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 20 January, 2022, 08:54:40 AM
Link P, have you tried much of Milligan's American comics stuff? It's not all good, but I REALLY liked his X-Force/X-Statix, and his Human Target. You know, in case you want to try un-breaking that heart.

He's also done some great mini-series recently as well. 'Out of Body' and 'Happy Hour' immediately spin to mind.

Colin YNWA

Just today now and then we'll call this one. The result however seems pretty clear already.

JayzusB.Christ

I kind of skimmed through Counterfeit Girl.  Probably should go back and read it., but I enjoyed Brit Cit Babes, again despite the title.  Kind of established Brit Cit's identity as a different kind of place from MC1, which Dave Stone took and ran with in Armitage.

Although it's just occurred to me that the whole atmosphere of BCB was very similar to that She Devils story by Wagner and McCarthy in one of the annuals.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

A lot more support for Brit-Cit Babes than I was expecting, maybe I need to return to it to is if there is more to it then I remember. That said it would have to have a LOT more to it than I remember to mean its better than the recent and  wonderful

Counterfeit Girl

Seems to remember going into Round 3

broodblik

I wonder of there is any plans bring back Counterfeit Girl or was it written to be an once off series?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 January, 2022, 08:58:06 AM
Quote from: AlexF on 20 January, 2022, 08:54:40 AM

He's also done some great mini-series recently as well. 'Out of Body' and 'Happy Hour' immediately spin to mind.

I have tried a lot of his American stuff, including his full run on X-Men - It hasn't clicked with me in years unfortunately.

I will admit that I never properly tried X-Force / X-Statix, which is probably his most highly regarded US work since the turn of the century.

I amusingly recall asking my LCS to cancel my order of X-Force after issue 115, which up until that point was a full run, purchased every month.
"What the fuck is a Doop?", I indignantly mused. The folly of youth.

AlexF

Hah! No offence to Ian Edginton, who has delivered so much comics goodness, but his X-Force run was just deeply... forgettable.

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 25 January, 2022, 09:04:29 AM
No offence to Ian Edginton, who has delivered so much comics goodness, but his X-Force run was just deeply... forgettable.

The Edington era:
- Goatee beards and big leather jackets; 98%
- Sexy Domino; 2%
- Entertaining stories; 0%