Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Let’s do it Hollywood style

Started by broodblik, 21 March, 2022, 03:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

You know Hollywood they like to make those unnecessary sequels, remakes, and reboots to anything that was remotely successful and then not even by the original creators.

So here we are. This is your fantasy vote we are Hollywood which series/character will we make an unrequested sequel/reimage/reinvent:
-   Nikola Dante
-   Nemesis
-   Halo Jones
-   Shakara
-   Any series that has been done and dusted
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Always felt Dante was the one that stood out as having potential.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 March, 2022, 06:36:08 AM
Always felt Dante was the one that stood out as having potential.

Been watching Arcane on Netflix (I know nothing about the game(s?) but the series is great) and it occurred to me the other day that I could totally see a Dante series animated in that style.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Big_Dave

You know Hollywood they like to make those unnecessary sequels, remakes, and reboots to anything that was remotely successful and then not even by the original creators.

So here we are. This is your fantasy vote we are Hollywood which series/character will we make an unrequested sequel/reimage/reinvent:
-   Nikola Dante
-   Nemesis
-   Halo Jones
-   Shakara
-   Any series that has been done and dusted

micheal carol could write shakira or maybe kekw
jake lych did good replace herny flint on porteous vek

Barrington Boots

Agree with the guys above, Dante is the one and if done right would be something really special.

I think if you jettinsoned the plot and kept the concept, you could get good Netflix type series out of Dry Run. Harlem Heroes would be another good one.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm confused. I read the point of this as being 'which finished series would we reboot or sequelise *in the comic*'? But people seem to be taking it as 'which finished series would you turn into a film or tv show?'

SBT

AlexF

If the question is 'which old 2000AD would I reboot with an all-new (and potentially direspectful) creative team'...

Nemesis the Warlock

If it's 'which now-completed 2000AD series would I like to see a TV show of'...

Freaks/Faces (although it's a dealbreaker for me that it HAS to be set in Muswell Hill)

Barrington Boots

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 21 March, 2022, 09:13:50 AM
I'm confused. I read the point of this as being 'which finished series would we reboot or sequelise *in the comic*'? But people seem to be taking it as 'which finished series would you turn into a film or tv show?'

SBT

Good point SBT!
The vote is for an unrequested sequel/reimage/reinvent - so kind of like the terrorist version of Harlem Heroes (or for a much better example, the recent Hookjaw tale)?

Going on that, I'm going to stick with a reinvention of Dry Run, but this time it's better tha the original.
If we want a less niche example, nothing would create more anger and horror than an ill-advised reboot of Halo Jones!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

SBT

Arh I read it differently. If it is the series we'd like to see back in comic form my answer is very different... Leave Dante as is...

Magnetica

I'm with YNWA block.

If it's resurrect old strips into 2000AD with new creative teams, then no I don't want to see that and would much rather see new things.

(But as has been discussed elsewhere I'd like to see unfinished stories come back e.g. Helium, Brass Sun etc.)

If it's a film then yes Dante or Nemesis.

But I suspect the budget necessary to do these justice would be huge and so they are never going to happen.

I'd also add another to the list, if it's film: Strontium Dog. Especially a back to basis track down a target  in a remote western type world.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

zenith as a bloated, immersive, multi-season netflix extravaganza, please.

and a guillermo del toro movie adaptation of summer magic.

sofia coppola should kick off the dante franchise.

broodblik

SBT

I try to do this very open ended but you are correct that this is more about making a sequel reboot after the fact. For example adding another chapter to Dante with an ongoing adventure
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

You have the weekend to decide which ex-thrill you will sequelize  or reboot

broodblik

At the end we did not have a clear winner so I will give it to the one I like most

Voting closed the winner:

Dante