Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: All is forgiven

Started by broodblik, 13 April, 2022, 04:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Whom of the writers who started their careers in the prog (or related publications) that left and is still in the industry (comics) do you believe can bring the most to the prog on a more permanent basis:
- Al Ewing
- Peter Hogan
- Peter Milligan
- Simon Spurrier
- David Hine
- Garth Ennis
- Mark Millar
- Grant Morrison

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Peter Hogan for me, on the grounds that the things he tends to write about, and indeed his style, is just more different than anything else in the Prog.

Still waiting on Peter Milligan's 'The Devil's Railroad' to surface :(

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 13 April, 2022, 09:54:20 AM
Peter Hogan for me, on the grounds that the things he tends to write about, and indeed his style, is just more different than anything else in the Prog.

Still waiting on Peter Milligan's 'The Devil's Railroad' to surface :(

I've been mulling this over and funnily enough I was heading towards David Hine for just this reason... not my vote yet as I'm still wrestling with this one!

IndigoPrime

I don't think Morrison would be suited to 2000 AD these days and Millar never was. Ennis is someone I'm happy to see back doing things for Rebellion, but he seems happier with his war stories, so that works. Of the remainder, Milligan has written for 2000 AD fairly recently anyway, which kind of rules him out, surely? Hogan too.

Still, if we're talking more regular appearances, I'd have to go for Ewing. Get him alternating with Niemand on Dredd and bring some serious consistency to the world (with other writers chipping in as and when); and if he's there "on a more permanent basis", I'd love to see an original strip or two from him as well.

Runner-up for me would be Hogan. Resident Alien was a wonderful strip, which I hope gets HC treatment. I'd love to see how his more thoughtful sensibilities could work in the modern 2000 AD. (Double points if Steve Parkhouse comes along for the ride.)

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Magnetica

Richard

rogue69

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 April, 2022, 11:18:35 AM

I'd have to go for E-wing Droid. Get him alternating with Niemand on Dredd and bring some serious consistency to the world (with other writers chipping in as and when); and if he's there "on a more permanent basis", I'd love to see an original strip or two from him as well.

This^^^

DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

maryanddavid

Link Prime

Garth Ennis.

We know he still loves the Prog.
He knows he still loves the Prog.

JayzusB.Christ

Al Ewing, on Dredd.  Nobody apart from Wagner is more like Wagner, though Ken Niemand is a close second.

I love the stuff Garth Ennis does these days but I never liked his prog scripts.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

You have until Wednesday to forgive someone
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

So here we have our candidate which most of us want back

Voting closed the winner:

Al Ewing