Main Menu

FFT - What if? Derby Week Tie 15 - Rogue Trooper (original) vs Jaegir

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 September, 2022, 06:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by Trooper McFad

Rogue Trooper - more info

VS

Jaegir - more info

What if we'd got the derby ties I always hoped for? NuEarth is of course the venue for this warring clash. Which story under the dark lights of the black sun is the forum's favourite?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 2nd October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

I have always been a fan of Rogue but I believe taht Jaegir has now surpassed the original. If it was not for the Hit series I might have a different view but Jaegir it is
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Jaegir, by a country mile. Even as a kid, I didn't think much of Rogue Trooper. That hasn't changed. If anything, I think less of it these days.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

AlexF

I get that Jaegir is miles more sophisticated, but I confess I've never really got into it. Rogue Trooper was always my least fave as a young reader, but once I found the original Dave Gibbons episodes something clicked, and I've loved it ever since (well, except for the era from around Prog 360-604). I even read one of the novels, and I hardly ever read prose fiction!

Rogue Trooper.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

A difficult one for me, as I never liked Rogue and Jaegir needs to be read all the way through for me to appreciate it, I think.

Jaegir. Because I do at least want to read it.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Very quiet here but with a day to go that could change. Get them votes in.

Magnetica

paddykafka

Whilst I don't like the direction which Atalia is currently heading - from a formerly moral, idealistic, sympathetic character, to becoming a brutal monster like her father - I'm holding out, in the hope that GR will steer her back to her former self. So, Jaegir wins this one for me.

Huey2

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Important result this one... well that's relative but! Rogue Trooper is one of the figure head strips strips. Popular, loved and (whisper it) not that well written. It looked great, but it really was the strip its reputation holds it to be. For a chunk of its life it was that popular - and that's not including the Friday stuff. Now the thing is this is personal opinion and there are a load of folks that disagree. On that basis I though it would take this. The modern sharp, smart story telling of Jaegir would get swept aside. But that was not the case. The superior writing of

Jaegir

takes this one.