Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Speaking as someone who has read The Horned God way too many times, I can tell you that there were guts involved, prior to the Goddess's hilarious erection joke.  Our man was tied to the ground as Feg was planning to, ahem, 'lop the golden bough', [spoiler]but Sláine thrust the tusks of his boar-shaped hero harness into Feg's innards.  Feg kind of magically fixed them, but then got a taste of his own mickey-mangling medicine.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

And that's the gutting I remember. 
I must have looked up the episode so I could quote Feg's dying speech, but I clearly never sorted out the nitty-gritty of intestinal/genital trauma.
A bull of conflict are you, JayzusB.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 15 December, 2022, 06:01:36 PM
And that's the gutting I remember. 
I must have looked up the episode so I could quote Feg's dying speech, but I clearly never sorted out the nitty-gritty of intestinal/genital trauma.
A bull of conflict are you, JayzusB.

I am.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Fantastic Colin. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was waiting for your Calvin & Hobbes parody.

It's now a Christmas tradition that goes hand in hand with the Advent- no advent No Calvin & Hobbes parody

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Absolutely brilliant.
Like a thicko, I was trying to work out who stubbly Calvin was meant to be, till it occurred to me to read the title.

Anyway, I love it.

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, everyone, it's not going to be an early-morning entry for me tomorrow.  But it'll arrive at some point tomorrow.  Apologies, I'm just shite at time management.

JohnW

Pure class, JayzusB, and well worth waiting for.

JohnW

The stogie and the Sláine doll are my favourite details, but you could put this on a calendar or a tin of shortbread and I'd be happy to look at it all day.

JayzusB.Christ

Thank you!

I feel it's about time Tharg, at his age, started putting on a few pounds like the rest of us.

Trooper McFad

That is super JayzusB the details with the toys are brilliant- I want a cuddly Gornk

Trooper McFad

P.S. that's the jolliest Thrag I've ever seen

Colin YNWA

Oh that's fantastic JayzusB.Christ! So much fun.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 December, 2022, 03:32:09 PM
That is super JayzusB the details with the toys are brilliant- I want a cuddly Gornk

Your father and I have had a talk, and think you should get the cuddly Gronk for your birthday in summer, and Tharg will bring you the wooden Durham Red if you're good.

Thanks for your kind words, guys!

JohnW

Want wooden Durham Red NOW!

And shortbread!