Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

If that's a rush job, it's a pretty gobsmacking one.
You know your way round a biro, sir, and no mistake.

(But where oh where is the wooden Durham Red we felt we'd been promised?)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Jim_Campbell

I just wanted to register my gratitude to the fine boarders who've diligently kept this wonderful forum tradition going this year. December is always a bit chaotic, work-wise,* for me so any half-formed ideas for a contribution will probably stay that way, I'm afraid... but I did want to say thank you for all your efforts, which have cheered me up no end.

*Basically, everyone and their mother suddenly decides that they want to get their projects over the finish line before the holidays.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Totally understandable, Jim - as a freelancer myself I know what December is like when clients want everything done at the same time.

And thanks for your kind words about my drawing today, all - I wasn't sure about it at all so I'm really glad people liked it.

JWare - you got your wooden Durham Red already! She was in Jolly Old Tharg's pack beside your Sláine ragdoll :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 December, 2022, 07:33:16 PM
JWare - you got your wooden Durham Red already! She was in Jolly Old Tharg's pack beside your Sláine ragdoll :)
Yeah, but I wanted another.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

Superb once again Jayzus B.christ - just wonderful.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 20 December, 2022, 07:49:07 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 December, 2022, 07:33:16 PM
Yeah, but I wanted another.

I think someone may be getting a visit from the Krampus this year ;)

And thank you, Colin!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

My gosh you are all lovely and talented people

Rogue Judge

Another banger JBC! Awesome amount of detail in your work.

I'll have mine posted in the morning of the 21...Canadian time, again.

Trooper McFad

Great stuff Rogue. 2 for the price of one is a Christmas bonus 🎅🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 21 December, 2022, 08:20:55 AM
Another banger JBC! Awesome amount of detail in your work.

Right back at you, RJ! Lovely stuff - my only complaint is that I can't read the full stories after these previews.

JohnW

Never mind the lack of Christmas theme, and no disrespect to your Satanus submission, but these are the business.
(I particularly like the Leviathan one.)
And I have to agree with JayzusB: I want the stories that go with these pictures.

Colin YNWA

Brilliant Rogue Judge. would love to read both of those!

Christmas theme be damned.

Rogue Judge

Thanks again for the kind words gents! A fun excuse to draw Hitler in a space suit and a sea monster.

I'm no writer so can't provide the full stories for these...but there are some very talented Squax on this forum who can write - if anyone wants to take a crack at what happens in these re-imaginings, please do!

Still a few days to go - I'm looking forward to seeing what Savvi, JWare etc. treat us with :)

JBC, looking at your last post again, I can't help but think that skull/antler character is just dying to be made into an action figure.

JohnW

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 21 December, 2022, 07:30:25 PM
A fun excuse to draw Hitler in a space suit and a sea monster.

I'm no writer so can't provide the full stories for these...but there are some very talented Squax on this forum who can write - if anyone wants to take a crack at what happens in these re-imaginings, please do!
As for the fatties and the giant squid? That's all about the race to build a big enough fryer.
And Hitler in a space suit? What more do you need? There's a story that practically writes itself.

Colin YNWA

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I want 12 inchs of Gene!