Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Eotris on 06 October, 2017, 11:59:48 AM
I have just finished reading Shakara (The Avenger) in issue 3, and it is my first experience of the character. I am a bit confused on the ending - it looks like there is an appearance of Cinnibar Brenneka (the 'blue' Shakara), but it seems very disjointed. Do I need to follow up by reading 'Shakara: The Destroyer' to understand it in the correct context?

Suffice to say, all will become clear in volume II...  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

Woolly

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 October, 2017, 08:07:02 PM
Quote from: Eotris on 06 October, 2017, 11:59:48 AM
I have just finished reading Shakara (The Avenger) in issue 3, and it is my first experience of the character. I am a bit confused on the ending - it looks like there is an appearance of Cinnibar Brenneka (the 'blue' Shakara), but it seems very disjointed. Do I need to follow up by reading 'Shakara: The Destroyer' to understand it in the correct context?

Suffice to say, all will become clear in volume II...  ;)

S'right.

Rara Avis

Oh there's more? I thought it ended there .. this is marvelous news.

First time reading it and I loved it.

sintec

Does anyone know how long we're going to have to wait for that concluding volume of Shakara?

Presumably it will be volume 58 but what issue will it be?

Jamie1000013

IT's annoying that the Shakara volume I got has like 8 blurry pages where the art and speech bubbles are too blurry to see. I had it in like 1 or 2 pages in the Mega collection out of 60 books but to have it like 8 pages in one book is weird. Might have to buy it again since the art is stunning, anyone else have this problem? I don't want to buy it again and have the same problem. I bought it from a news agents so don't really want a refund.

IndigoPrime

Contact the publisher on Facebook. They may send a replacement.

EDIT: I should probably note that Hachette are not legally required to replace under these circumstances, because your contract was with the place you purchased the book from. You should get a replacement/refund there, assuming you retained proof of purchase. However, Hachette may nonetheless as a gesture of goodwill replace your book – you never know. And I just flicked through my copy and didn't find any problems. The only one where things were really bad for me was Total War, for which I got a replacement that sadly looked like someone had used as a football.

Skullmo

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 07 October, 2017, 11:52:34 AM
IT's annoying that the Shakara volume I got has like 8 blurry pages where the art and speech bubbles are too blurry to see. I had it in like 1 or 2 pages in the Mega collection out of 60 books but to have it like 8 pages in one book is weird. Might have to buy it again since the art is stunning, anyone else have this problem? I don't want to buy it again and have the same problem. I bought it from a news agents so don't really want a refund.

Oh not thise again - I had that blurring with a couple of dredd collection books - I had them replaced 4 times but always got blurry copies. It was such a pain to keep sending the books back that I just gave up and put them in the bin.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Arkady

Quote from: sintec on 07 October, 2017, 10:43:28 AM
Does anyone know how long we're going to have to wait for that concluding volume of Shakara?

Presumably it will be volume 58 but what issue will it be?

We don't know what issue I'm afraid. And recent discussions have cast doubts on whether they'll be consecutive volumes either - see the early volume number of The Kreeler Conspiracy.

sintec

It's going to be really annoying if consecutive stories aren't in consecutive volumes.  Especially given that the spines don't really give any indication of what's in them.  Was the Dredd collection like that?

Tjm86

The Dredd collection has been fairly sensible in its grouping of stories over multiple volumes.  All of the Anderson, Waugh and Armitage stories are grouped together.  The same is true of the thematic volumes.  It makes it a little easier to navigate the collection.  If the tooth collection has abandoned this and just gone for completely random order ... :o

sintec

Guess we'll have to wait and see.  What volume numbers do we already know?

1  - Nikolai Dante: vol 1
11 - Stront: Keeler Conspiracy
19 - Nemesis: vol 1
23 - Abc Warriors: vol 1
32 - Slaine: Horned God
46 - Halo Jones
52 - Bad Company: vol 1
57 - Shakara

(most of the above taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AD_The_Ultimate_Collection)

If we add in what we know about the numbers of volumes scheduled for each of the above then we'd get:

1-9 Nikolai Dante
10-18 Stont (although only 9 vols and why is Kreeler the 2nd one of them?)
19-22 Nemesis
23-28 ABC warriors
32-45 Slaine (this could just as easily be 29-42 I guess, is 3 books enough for pre Horned God continuity?)
46 Halo Jones
52-53 Bad Company
57-58 Shakara

I do see the issue with Kreeler.  With Nikolai Dante as Vols 1-9 and Nemesis starting at vol 19 that doesn't leave enough space for 10 volumes of Stront and Kreeler being near the start of that run also doesn't make much sense.  Maybe the Stront stuff will be split into 2 sections, the initial run and then stuff that from after Alpha's death?

Note this is all pure speculation on my part as I'm no expert, this series will be my first major foray into the 2000AD world beyond a few Dredds.

IndigoPrime

Where is the link that states ND is vol 1 of the collection? I've seen the publisher state it'll have nine volumes but that's all.

sintec

All info taken from wikipedia - it looked like it was referenced.  Although following that through the ref doesn't actually seem to link to anything which directly provides that info, so it could be inaccurate.  Guess we'll find out in December assuming the info about the first issue of Nikolai being issue 8 is correct.

If Dante isn't vols 1-9 of the series then that leaves plenty of room for the complete Stront with Kreeler fitting into a sane position in the run at Vol 11.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 09 October, 2017, 12:08:07 AM
All info taken from wikipedia - it looked like it was referenced.  Although following that through the ref doesn't actually seem to link to anything which directly provides that info, so it could be inaccurate.  Guess we'll find out in December assuming the info about the first issue of Nikolai being issue 8 is correct.

If Dante isn't vols 1-9 of the series then that leaves plenty of room for the complete Stront with Kreeler fitting into a sane position in the run at Vol 11.

I'll put my hand up as creator of the wiki page (and contributor to other Hachette pages too). It wasn't until someone mentioned it a week or so back that it occurred to me that the FB mods post may have simply meant vol 1 of Dante rather than vol 1 & issue 8 of the collection.

Since this is causing some disagreement I've removed the volume listing from the wiki and asked the FB mods if they'll clarify. Just depends what kind of mood they're in today!

Tomwe

well, that didn't take long:
Kingdom Vol 1 will be Volume 60, Strontium Dog Vol 1 will be Volume 4 and Nikolai Dante Vol 1 will be Volume 72.

Hope this helps!