Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Considering that Cal, Volt, Griffin, Fargo and Solomon have already had their deaths printed and that Hershey, Francisco and Sinfield are still alive (is that right on Sinfield?) there aren't that many to go.  Enough for a full volume?  McGruder and Silver?  Who else is left?

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 27 October, 2017, 06:38:31 AM
so is this the death of chief judges book we were wanting in the mega collection or a weird new name for a collection like klyslers mark?
I was wondering if it was Every Empire Falls under a new name. Deaths of Dredd?

Arkady

OCD moment - if I knew anything about editing Wikipedia I'd be tempted to put all the officially confirmed & Facebook-only confirmed issues into one table, and put the confirmed ones in bold to differentiate them? It would help us to keep track of what's coming and what order they will end up in.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Arkady on 27 October, 2017, 12:29:14 PM
OCD moment - if I knew anything about editing Wikipedia I'd be tempted to put all the officially confirmed & Facebook-only confirmed issues into one table, and put the confirmed ones in bold to differentiate them? It would help us to keep track of what's coming and what order they will end up in.

On the Mega Collection page Hachette 'let it be known' they didn't want the Facebook-confirmed upcoming books appearing in the same table.
@jamesfeistdraws

EDazzling

Ironically there's a citation needed for that fact. Do other wiki pages allow publishers to say what does and doesn't appear on a (provisional) list of dispassionate data?

IndigoPrime

There's nothing to stop someone adding whatever the hell they like to a Wikipedia page, and publishers can't demand anything be removed if it's in the public domain already. But given that Hachette has been generous in revealing information to us lot, having a bit of respect for their wishes regarding formatting isn't really too much to ask for.

Tomwe

Quote from: EDazzling on 27 October, 2017, 12:57:27 PM
Ironically there's a citation needed for that fact. Do other wiki pages allow publishers to say what does and doesn't appear on a (provisional) list of dispassionate data?
What happened was, on a few occasions I and a few others put the future non-sequential books into the MC table, and they were swiftly reversed. Just had a look at notes in the MC history, but can't find the actual event. It just became simpler to take the approach seen in the 2000 AD collection - I keep a google sheet of everything else.

jannerboyuk

Just got the kingdom and nemesis books. Really enjoyed kingdom,i thought the art really improved as well. Love gene.
Saving nemesis although read it dozens of times, but very happy to have it in a really nice format with lots of gorgeous o'neil and redondo art.
Wallet is the definition of tat 😆

Geoff

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 29 October, 2017, 12:13:13 PM
Wallet is the definition of tat 😆

Yeah, shame about the wallet.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting some sort of luxury item but I need a new wallet at the moment and I was hoping it might be usable. 

It's larger than a child's wallet but not really adult size and it smells very strongly (or at least mine does) of its raw ingredient of diesel/oil.  I'd rather have fewer but better quality bonus items.  Even if it was just better quality plastic, slightly bigger and had a smaller logo or an embossed one you could actually use it...  Probably wouldn't have given it a second thought, just that I could have done with a new wallet..

Dark Jimbo

Got hold of Nemesis 1 today, and boy-oh-boy what a gorgeous book it is! Fourth time I've owned this material and this is my favourite edition so far. Love the end papers and the flat-colour title pages which really help break up the black-and-white strips. Also loving that the artwork has been pushed right to the bleeding edge of the pages for no loss of size!

Only niggle is that the image on the Book I title page is from Book III, and vice versa. A shame when the production values are generally so high.
@jamesfeistdraws

Klegg Bait

Waiting for Nemesis to arrive.  It's the first time I'll be reading it and I'm looking forward to it.

Magnetica

Quote from: Klegg Bait on 30 October, 2017, 02:15:54 PM
Waiting for Nemesis to arrive.  It's the first time I'll be reading it and I'm looking forward to it.

Wow.. wouldn't think there's many on here who haven't read it before. You are in for a treat. The first 6 books or so, are right up there with the best of 2000AD ever. So make sure you get the next volume as well.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Also, quick question. The poster/ star scan that serves as the first page of 'The Secret Life of The Blitzspear', where is that from? The book only lists the annual, and from a quick flick, it doesn't appear to be from that.
SBT

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Magnetica on 30 October, 2017, 03:45:56 PM
Quote from: Klegg Bait on 30 October, 2017, 02:15:54 PM

Wow.. wouldn't think there's many on here who haven't read it before. You are in for a treat. The first 6 books or so, are right up there with the best of 2000AD ever. So make sure you get the next volume as well.

I've never read the Nemesis books either. In fact, my only exposure to Nemesis thus far has been the one off strip that appeared in the 40th anniversary prog.

Fungus

Looking forward to unwrapping my copy too. Have read it once. 1981 (to whenever it ended)...