Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Sexton Blake's New Order: The Sexton Blake Library Book 5 - Paperback, 432 pages, 8th December 2020

"The fifth thrilling collection of classic stories welcoming back the adventuring detective as brilliant as Sherlock Holmes and as daring as James Bond.

For nearly a century, Sexton Blake was the most written about character in British fiction. He starred in approximately four thousand stories by nearly two hundred authors. A cross between Sherlock Holmes and Indiana Jones, he was a publishing phenomenon, read by young and old alike.

Comprised of three SEXTON BLAKE LIBRARY stories from the "New Order", Blake enters the roaring '60s in great style, with adventures involving volcanoes, psychics and more!

THE WORLD SHAKERS by Desmond Reid (Rex Dolphin) (1960).
An insane scientist is on the loose, a villain's base is located in a dormant volcano, and Sexton Blake encounters flying saucers, thought-scrambling ray guns, and malformed aliens ... or does he?

THE BIG STEAL by Jack Trevor Story (1960)
A man is tricked into committing a crime, his wife enjoys the profits, another crime is committed, the man is caught, his wife goes on a spending spree, rings are run around various investigators, and Sexton Blake comes up with a plan ...

BRED TO KILL by Martin Thomas (Thomas Martin) (1960)
A fox-hunting protest ruffles feathers, a killer is on the loose, strange characters abound, a psychic investigator gets to work, a mad biologist experiments in a secret laboratory, a boy is missing, evolution is reversed, a creature is hunted, and an Adept fulfils a mission for the Masters."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Reading the description for the middle story, "The Big Steal", I reckon the wife's the culprit behind it all.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 February, 2020, 02:53:00 PM
ooh, that's very nice, but I do love the Bolland one and I'm not buying two copies! Decisions decisions.....

David Roach has posted on Facebook that the Brian Bolland cover art is reproduced on the endpapers of the limited edition.

Oddly enough, both editions will set Stevie back roughly the same amount in Australian dollars whether I purchase the limited edition directly from Rebellion (A$95 + A$24 postage) or the regular Bolland version imported via Diamond in the US, which is retailing at US$50 , which meansthat it would be hitting the shelf  of my local South Australian comic shop at the A$100 mark.

Funny old world, innit?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 24 January, 2020, 12:57:42 PM
April's solicitations:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-april/

I see that Chimpksy will make a return in a five part story (by Niemand and PJ Holden). Chimpksy was one off the best one-off Dredd stories the last few years (prog 2131). Looking forward to this 

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Yep that is indeed good news. The introduction of Chimpsky was fantastic and give the mysterious Niemand's form (and of course PJ) I've little doubt this one will deliver on that in spades.

broodblik

The cover for the Tammy & Jinty Special:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Colin YNWA

Oh thjat is strong, very good indeed.

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

Speaking of good covers the cover for Smash Special out in May (somehow missed this one was amongst the slew of specials this year)  is over at Comic Scene and its a SMASHER... excuse me, I'm sorry.

https://comicscene.org/2020/02/24/smash-cover-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR3jR16ZdxOLjxdIVK4Ly3F-GNVFmGjX82fPwF5rzE2EK8wySutRCsKO8SE

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Yeah, that Smash cover somehow made me grab the Betelguesian by the horn (as it were) and buy the whole pack from the 2000ad shop. Sixty quid for the whole lot, with an added exclusive reprint replica of the "banned issue of Action"- couldnt say no, really.
SBT

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 February, 2020, 02:21:39 AM
a few I'm having a mental blank on (the flying metal gauntlet in front of Stark)

The Steel Claw!  Of course.  Thanks Colin.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Here is the cover for Trigan Empire II:

Bolt-01

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: broodblik on 23 February, 2020, 03:37:06 AM
The cover for the Tammy & Jinty Special:

Well hello there! Would that be The Cat Girls from the pages of Sally &, following the merger of the two titles, Tammy?

[img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WmWZYNwy6Y8/Wbvz5_pnr4I/AAAAAAAAeXM/oIjyXAXzDWE1VlF1WYH6wgadp98m8GqagCLcBGAs/s1600/sally.jpg[/img]

The 2019 Tammy & Jinty Spcial was Stevie's favourite single issue of any comic which he read last year. July can't come soon enough!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"