Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 October, 2013, 04:56:28 PM
Meanwhile, we in the Banana Republic get to keep our upper house, despite the referendum to remove it being proposed by a government with a monstrous majority.  Now our Seanad is far from democratic and less than effective, but it's mildly heartening to see that the tiny proportion of the electorate who actually voted yesterday can stop a change that would significantly reduce the checks on the power of a government they also elected.  Hopefully this will also be seen as an endorsement of reform of how that house is appointed and operates.

They're afraid that if reformed it might end up working.

Frank

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 05 October, 2013, 03:15:48 PM
Not having a penis helped !

I don't think anyone's expressed that sentiment before. Now you Irish lads have sorted out your senate you should probably offer Barack Obama some pointers.

The Legendary Shark

NASA's shut.

Of all the diatribes I've ever written about the system not working, that small sentence is probably the most convincing. And one of the saddest.

What the Hell is wrong with us?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 October, 2013, 05:29:56 PM
NASA's shut.

It is f***ing pathetic, an insult to humanity as a whole, but probably a cause for particular celebration amongst those who brought it about.  Who are of course still getting paid.

Frank

Pair o' fuckin' communists, yez. Private companies will obviously now step in to fill the void more cost-efficiently and efficiently than the state could ever hope to - just like when the railways and energy companies were privatised.

Dandontdare

Spikes

Mr Robinson still doesnt like 'extremists', but will go about it in a nicer way...

Modern Panther

Rocking back and forth, despairing at the state of the country...

"never read the comments section never read the comments section never read the comments section"

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 October, 2013, 05:36:35 PM
Mr Robinson still doesnt like 'extremists', but will go about it in a nicer way...

Tommy Robinson's gearing up for a move into mainstream politics, more like. Everybody thinks he's headed for UKIP, but their fifteen minutes appear to be up already. He'd be useful to the Tories if they wanted to steal the last bit of UKIP's thunder, shed their public school image, and put him up as a candidate somewhere like Bradford or Kent.

Robinson's official position - he's never been against Muslims, just extremists - is no different to that of Dave Cameron or Ed Milliband, and Tony Blair's responsible for the deaths of a greater number of ordinary Muslims than the EDL.

Richmond Clements

QuoteHe'd be useful to the Tories if they wanted to steal the last bit of UKIP's thunder, shed their public school image, and put him up as a candidate somewhere like Bradford or Kent.

Trouble is, he's a useless dick who cannot actually survive any sort of in depth interview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHbXhstXG4

Professor Bear

That's odd, Richmond - I thought you were from Northern Ireland.  If you were, you'd know that coming off like a bigoted cunt in interviews is not actually a barrier to being a politician.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Indeed, it seems to be considered an asset.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 09 October, 2013, 11:39:02 PM
That's odd, Richmond - I thought you were from Northern Ireland.  If you were, you'd know that coming off like a bigoted cunt in interviews is not actually a barrier to being a politician.

Mmmm... good point...

The Legendary Shark

Well, it's finally happened. Now they want to tax sunshine... m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24272061
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 09 October, 2013, 11:39:02 PM

Also Mr Pops' quote......
" Indeed, it seems to be considered an asset !!"...

Wonderful stuff, Prof and Mr Pops.....
Unfortunately, and sadly both very true.......That's before including lying, cheating, theft, abuse of power and the rest of their failings.....
Going to have to go with Mr Billy Connollys' view...." Anyone who actually wants to become a politician, should automatically be excluded from doing so "

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890