Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 May, 2014, 09:18:36 PM
I really wasn't knocking myself down, Hawkie, I just don't see myself as anything special - I'm no more or less than anyone else. If I'm hard on myself it's because I feel I have to be - I think it helps me to stay grounded.
If I posted here with the attitude that I'm always right and the rest of the world is always wrong (which sometimes I do, I fear) or that I am completely awesome and perfect (which of course I am) then you'd soon get sick of me...

never feel you have anything to apologise for sharky we all have vented or ranted on here at some point and its good to get things off your chest to completely strange comic book nerds ;), I had the pleasure of meeting you at the event of the year...nay century that was southport comic con ,I may have been a bit quiet but that was cos I was on the road to recovery from that similar affliction we share I found you to be a pleasantly eccentric chap and only wish we had had time to pop for a tipple. I'll owe you one if youre at the next one. Again hope all works out well, and I find it usually does.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 29 May, 2014, 11:17:24 AM
I was going to say something about Norn Iron and who we trust to send to the shops but I am not sure how/where to start.

Despair would probably be a key word in my post though.

Who needs houses when we can have caves?

Yeah, people whine about UKIP, who don't even have an MP, while we have those clowns running the show here.

You want to know what I think of immigration? If all those British and Irish would just get out of my country, that would be swell.
You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

I thought it was pretty funny that UKIP were canvassing in this neck of the woods - clearly someone had failed to explain to them that we have a surplus of rich wankers running the "I'm not a bigot, I'm just elected by bigots" act into the ground.

The Legendary Shark

In a sense we're all immigrants - from the Great Unknown we come, spend some time on Earth and then to the Great Unknown we return. And we don't seem to need passports, documentation or permission to do so.
Makes you think, doesn't it? No? Oh well, suit yourselves...
Thanks, Mogzie - when I get this boat going I'll have to potter up there (are there canals 'round your way?) and we can have a day on the water drinking drink and talking Twoothy as the great British countryside slides by.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Technically the first individuals of H. spaiens croped up in Nambia and Angola about 3-2.5 mya. So white supremasists really have no grounds for their argument.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 May, 2014, 12:58:30 PM
Technically the first individuals of H. spaiens croped up in Nambia and Angola about 3-2.5 mya. So white supremasists really have no grounds for their argument.

Must... resist... pedantic... taxonomic... compulsion...  hrrrghhh...

Hawkmumbler

My phone has a really small screen and i'm tired!

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 May, 2014, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 May, 2014, 12:58:30 PM

Must... resist... pedantic... taxonomic... compulsion...  hrrrghhh...

nah, go for it!
DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Well now Anna Lo has resigned from politics. If it were any other politician, I'd be celebrating.
You may quote me on that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 29 May, 2014, 11:17:24 AM
I was going to say something about Norn Iron and who we trust to send to the shops but I am not sure how/where to start.

Despair would probably be a key word in my post though.

I couldn't believe that when i heard it, not only is it scary that these people still sprout this nonsense but that public figures feel they can defend it!
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

Listen to them long enough and you'll come to believe that no-one on Earth can play the victim like Norn Iron politicians can.

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 May, 2014, 12:55:12 PM
In a sense we're all immigrants - from the Great Unknown we come, spend some time on Earth and then to the Great Unknown we return. And we don't seem to need passports, documentation or permission to do so.

Let's hope not, but I've heard stories...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mister Pops on 29 May, 2014, 02:39:51 PM
Well now Anna Lo has resigned from politics. If it were any other politician, I'd be celebrating.

There's been some quality racism on display in Norn Iron the past couple of weeks.

ZenArcade

We are damned for the sins and crimes visited upon one another in NI, God help us. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Ah, cheer up. You murdered each other for a while, then stopped - most societies on earth still haven't moved on to the second part of that sentence. Blame-mongering dicks dwell amongst us all, as my current avatar attests; you just have to shout across their braying idiocy.