Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

All the kudos for mini-Solo. (And a few also for Mr. Campbell.)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 September, 2020, 03:56:17 AM
My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

Magnificent.  His angry, lumpen face and unnatural hair are the work of a master caricaturist in waiting.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 September, 2020, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 September, 2020, 03:56:17 AM
My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

Wait, does that last panel show him hanging from a lamppost? Ace! That's one tough Academy of Law you're running there!.

I'm not sure what he's hanging from, but he is tied up and hanging upside down, although it hasn't shut him up. I had to get her to translate half of panel #3, which was "a bogey" and "ugly hair".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 September, 2020, 03:53:58 PM
I'm not sure what he's hanging from..

I was drawing an inference from Chekhov's Lamppost in Panel 4.  And wishful thinking.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 September, 2020, 04:22:59 AM
Heh. Oddly enough, I had a not dissimilar thought yesterday, shaolin...

:D  Missed that one, somehow.  Brilliant.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I was trying to make sense of a sentence in an article about White House interference with its own intelligence services. Here's the sentence:

"The complaint says Mr Murphy was then removed from future meetings and in July was effectively demoted form [sic] acting secretary and principal deputy under secretary to assistant to the deputy under secretary in the management division."

It made me think of these:

- "The old man the boat."
- "The horse raced past the barn fell."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Still makes more sense than most of Trump's interview answers.

Professor Bear

You are not allowed to be in groups of six because that's breaking the law, and you aren't allowed to break the law except the government's EU withdrawal bill does break the law, but That's Different™.
Anyway, you aren't allowed to be in groups of six, except in your job that you have to go to - but That's Different™ - and schools that your kids have to go to - but That's Different™ - and public transport if you use it.

/dons tinfoil headwear
I will remind you that the anti-cop protests never stopped, the BBC etc just stopped reporting on them, but completely coincidentally, the police now have additional discretionary powers to disperse crowds.  This is not going to end well.
For cops.

The Legendary Shark

I wonder which MPs voted for this new restriction, which ones abstained and which ones voted against...

I further wonder how our representatives will vote on the World Economic Forum's Great Reset initiative. I guess we won't get to vote on it because we aren't "global stakeholders." At least, I'd be astonished if we are.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2020, 12:41:25 AM

I wonder which MPs voted for this new restriction, which ones abstained and which ones voted against...

I further wonder how our representatives will vote on the World Economic Forum's Great Reset initiative. I guess we won't get to vote on it because we aren't "global stakeholders." At least, I'd be astonished if we are.

The MPs didn't get the chance to vote.  Or any warning at all.  It was 'announced' on Twitter by a reporter, even though Matt Hancock had been in the House and had ample opportunity to mention it a few hours earlier.  Almost as if they don't want any scrutiny of their actions...

Professor Bear

Keith Stormer is in self-isolation after "household symptoms", which I assume is a euphemism for "one of the kids caught it after being sent back to school, a measure I fully supported and in fact demanded be implemented."
On the plus side, at least Labour are finally twenty points ahead in the polls.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Professor Bear on 14 September, 2020, 01:35:35 PM
Keith Stormer is in self-isolation after "household symptoms", which I assume is a euphemism for "one of the kids caught it after being sent back to school, a measure I fully supported and in fact demanded be implemented."
On the plus side, at least Labour are finally twenty points ahead in the polls.

Keith Stormer is the Happy Shopper  version of the labour leader

Professor Bear

Without Keith to oppose them, the Tories will run rampant.

JayzusB.Christ

Say what you like about Kieran Stammer, but it takes a seriously awful Tory party to lose that overwhelming lead they had last election.  But that's what they are. 

Professor Bear

The lead created by a sustained media campaign of (occasionally legally-actionable) disinformation was never sustainable, and there was always going to be a crash in Tory support - if only when Brexiteers inevitably shat their nappies at not getting what they wanted.