Main Menu

Let's get 2000AD stamped on

Started by Tarantino, 08 April, 2024, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I have a suggestion I think you will like.

By my calculations 2000AD will be 50 years old in March 2027.

I have just googled online how to request what goes on a UK stamp and they have previously had comic characters from the likes of Benno, and I thought it would be the perfect time to make a request with the post office to do a series of stamps with characters from 2000AD to celebrate your 50th birthday. I think the post office would support that idea but have found out it can take a maximum of 5 years to go through the whole process, it doesn't usually take that long, so if we started the process now we might be able to get it done by 2027.

Is this something that Rebellion and the readers would like to get behind? I don't mind looking into it further to get the ball rolling.

Tarantino

norton canes

Fantastic idea!

Googled, out of curiosity, and there was a 2000 AD stamp made in 2012 as part of a British comics series:

norton canes

It would be great to have a collection devoted entirely to 2000 AD. Assuming we still have a Post Office by 2027.

Barrington Boots

This would be great, limited only by the fact that by 2027, a first class stamp will cost £500.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tarantino

I remember those, but I'd love to see a whole collection dedicated to 2000AS Characters

Quote from: norton canes on 08 April, 2024, 10:45:33 AMFantastic idea!

Googled, out of curiosity, and there was a 2000 AD stamp made in 2012 as part of a British comics series:

norton canes

Assuming they can accommodate the monarch's head and denomination, they could do a lot worse then use the illustrations from the top two rows of Thrill Power Overload:

norton canes

Or come to think of it, even the bottom two rows!

nxylas

Quote from: norton canes on 08 April, 2024, 02:45:12 PMAssuming they can accommodate the monarch's head and denomination
The ears might be a problem.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tarantino

I think maybe some classic front covers would be amazing.

And on one of them they could replace the Kings Head with Dreads head  :P