Main Menu

What will 2000 AD be called in 2016?

Started by A.Cow, 28 December, 2013, 03:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

By my (very rough) calculations we hit Prog 1999 around September 2016.

Given that we've already had Prog 2000 back in 1999/2000, will the numbering take a jump?  If so, by how much?

If not, my sums suggest that we'll get TWO Prog 2017s within a few weeks of each other!

My brain hurts and this conundrum is keeping me awake at night.  Help!

Professor Bear

Odd that no-one is asking "What will Clint be called in 2014?"

The Adventurer

The Prog 20XX annuals aren't part of the regular numbering. So I'm not sure why you'd expect there to be any change.

I do hope Prog #2000 is a big to do!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

O Lucky Stevie!

/\/\/\ Just as long as the snecking spines match up Adventurer.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Bat King

To answer the question as posed... It'll be called 2000 AD.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richard

QuoteThe Prog 20XX annuals aren't part of the regular numbering.
Missing the point I think.

JayzusB.Christ

Well, you've got to admire Tharg for sheer pigheadedness - the very prog the 'What will 2000ad be called in the year 2000?' question is answered, he throws in a new brain-mangling problem for us pedants to worry about for years. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Fungus

2000ad will be called 2000ad.
The clue is in the question.

MercZ

Quote from: A.Cow on 28 December, 2013, 03:13:40 AM

If not, my sums suggest that we'll get TWO Prog 2017s within a few weeks of each other!

Hm, that'll be an interesting situation to be sure if the regular prog numbering is the same and falls close to they yearly prog.

judgerufian

seeing as before hitting prog 2017 and the annual end of year prog for year 2017, you'll be hitting problems with the previously released end of year progs for 2000 onwards duplicating numbers, I suggest the following:
The end of year progs are stand alone numbered progs (and although they are part of the continiuity) should be treated as such and you will have duplicated numbers in your collection.
Remember if you have collected the Meg you will have faced this problem before back when it was released as Volumes before the renumbering for Vol 4.
Its not really that much of a big deal in my book and before you say oh you just dont care about the numbering, I did spend 5 hours one bank holiday in a dark dusty garage putting my entire collection of 2000ad and Megs in order to be boxed up!

The Adventurer

If you are filing your Prog 20XXs numerically. You're doing it wrong.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Trout

They could relaunch it, starting the numbering again at issue one. First issues tend to lead to a sales boost, so it would make good business sense.

*runs away and hides, cackling in sheer evil*