Main Menu

Preacher (TV Series)...

Started by Goaty, 18 November, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 March, 2014, 09:59:05 AM
I stand corrected! Interesting that this has changed since Vertigo was moved out of DC's direct chain of command...

Could be; both Constantine and Preacher went into pre-production in the last month too.

Goaty

Just hope Constantine and Preacher done well.

If Preacher will happens, so how to break the stories into series,

Series 1 for Book 1? More into Custer in his town, then ending with hit by Genesis? Meet Tulip and Cassidy?

Series 2 would be Book 2, meet the redneck family and The Grail?

Etc

Professor Bear

I stand corrected! Interesting that this has changed since Vertigo was moved out of DC's direct chain of command...

Cheers

Jim

I can't help but notice that DC's name is still somehow all over that press release for a Vertigo project, and that it goes to pains to paint Vertigo as some sort of integrated and junior imprint rather than the separate entity that was the one thing keeping DC afloat and relevant for most of the 2000s.  I'll be interested to see if they manage to stamp the DC logo all over any Vertigo projects like Preacher in the near future, given the talent drain and bad feelings from creators towards the company.

Apestrife

Quote from: Professor Bear on 11 March, 2014, 12:34:44 PM

Cheers

Jim

I can't help but notice that DC's name is still somehow all over that press release for a Vertigo project, and that it goes to pains to paint Vertigo as some sort of integrated and junior imprint rather than the separate entity that was the one thing keeping DC afloat and relevant for most of the 2000s.  I'll be interested to see if they manage to stamp the DC logo all over any Vertigo projects like Preacher in the near future, given the talent drain and bad feelings from creators towards the company.

Surely hope that isn't the case. That could seriously blunt the edge Vertigo has. There was enough flack with how DC treated Alan Moore...

Anyways.

Interview with David Goyer about Hellblazer.

http://www.iamrogue.com/roguetv/video-interviews/item/10811-exclusive-video-david-s-goyer-talks-constantine-tv-pilot.html

Goyer was pushing for an adaption of 100Bullets some years ago, I really hope his involvement in making Hellblazer happening will be a step in the right direction.

In this interview from 2013 it sounds like he'll continue at getting it done  :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62904

So. DMZ, Hellblazer and Preacher looking very likely to hit TV, Sandman the silver screen and Goyer continuing working for an 100Bullets adaption. Anything else Vertigo that's on :) ?

Link Prime

Quote from: Apestrife on 11 March, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

So. DMZ, Hellblazer and Preacher looking very likely to hit TV, Sandman the silver screen and Goyer continuing working for an 100Bullets adaption. Anything else Vertigo that's on :) ?

The excellent iZombie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IZOMBIE

Goaty

Seth Rogen has posted a new photo confirming that Willie Nelson's 1975 song "Time of the Preacher Man" is set to be used in the opening of Preacher.

Goaty

Famous Mortimer

While trying to maintain my feminist credentials, boy howdy is Ruth Negga beautiful. And good at acting, thankfully.

Goaty

Tiplodocus

He looks about right. And she's a bonny looking lass but she had best be a good actress because she isn't really screaming "Tulip" at me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

I love Gilgun in This Is England - a really charismatic actor. He should be great, just hope he nails the accent.

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 25 March, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I love Gilgun in This Is England - a really charismatic actor. He should be great, just hope he nails the accent.
I guess Cassidy should have a bizarrely mixed-up Transatlantic accent, no?
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dominic Cooper has been cast as Jesse Custer.

radiator

Good casting all round then. Hopes momentarily raised.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 April, 2015, 03:41:10 PM
Dominic Cooper has been cast as Jesse Custer.

Nope. He just doesn't look the part. Arseface, maybe? Those dozy eyes look like they'd be better off staring out from under a  few layers of prosthetic make-up.