Main Menu

PROG 1415...Traitors fate.

Started by janus stark, 08 November, 2004, 02:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Cracking read this weeks prog. Stront wasn't on first appearance the landmark story it was hyped up to be. But on reflection what Wagner has done here is move the strip in a new direction, something I thought would be very difficult to achieve after a similar effort on the more recent Rogue Trooper strips (sorry Gordon). For the first time since Rage, Strontium Dog seems to have more to offer than your bog standard Johnny & Wulf hunt bad guy, Johnny & Wulf kill/capture bad guy stories. And yeah, I reckon it could cast some doubt on the validity of The Final Solution.

As for Dredd, this keeps getting better and better, although it looks like the whole thing is going to be wrapped up in 3 issues if next weeks prog is dedicated to Jericho. Speaking of which, does anybody know who this guy is? He turned up as if he'd already appeared in Dredd in the past. And is it just me or does he bear more than a passing resemblance for ex-chief judge Griffin? The grey hair, eyepatch, walking stick?

Proudhuff

Not having previous progs to hand, isn't he one of Total War's inner council?

perhaps he doesn't agree with the nuke thing, didn't some one say the organisation was split about the Nukes?

Huff Indottage

DDT did a job on me

Oddboy

Dredd: Aces!
Sinister Dexter: Aces!
Faces: Aces!
Lobster Random: Aces!
Strontium Dog: Aces!

Hmmm, that's too many aces, Tharg must be cheating.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Leigh S

The sheer genius of total War is the fact that pretty much every episode has had a laugh out loud moment, this weeks being amongst the finest

Lobster Random is a little too Lobster Exposition for me. I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm enjoying this one inbetween Lobsters flashbacks telling us the backstory, Lobster telling us what he did and Lobster telling us what he's doing.  Too often it feels like I'm being told about an amusing story as opposed to reading one.

Sinister Dexter.... not the worst story ever - art is very much Tharg meets Disney by way of more trendy manganess - not sure it works, despite being very very polished.

Strontium Dog - so whens the next one then - sheer bloody stone cold loveliness from start to finish - this weeks has some great lines, some excellent character development and the final two pages mean that this more than lived up to the hype for me at least.  Culliver must die!  (and was it wrong to secretly wish death on poor old Billy Glum, thus negating "The Final Solution"?)   :)

Anyone want to hazard a guess which "classic" stories this falls between, as the set up here would suggest something after Outlaw, mebbe?      

Leigh S

Any chance of a profile page for Billy Glum?  

He's appeared in at least 4 stories

Muties Luck
Beast of Milton Keynes in the 86 annual
Rage
Traitor to his Kind

Leigh S

And of course "The Final Solution"... * mutter mutter *

DavidXBrunt

Possibly 'Outlaw' or 'Stone Killers' too, sure he cropped up in something else.

McNulty is definatley in 'Stone Killers' but it's not on his profile.

judge dreddd

great apart from the lobster...panels...lets say it slowly P A N E L S

Wake

Does anyone have a photo or scan of the Metal Hammer poster that came with this issue. I must have it somewhere, but I haven't stored it with my prog and someone is asking me about it.

Cheers,

Wake