Main Menu

The Cimmerian - Ablaze Comics

Started by karlos, 06 March, 2020, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

https://ablazepublishing.com/

If you've not heard of this, Ablaze tried publish English language versions of the new French Conan GNs last year, before Disney/Marvel stepped in.

However, Ablaze pressed on, and now it looks like they are good to go, as "Conan" is now "The Cimmerian".

They managed to get issue #1 of QUEEN OF THE BLACK COAST out this week.

You can pick up copies from FP, and pre-order #2 and RED NAILS #1 & #2.

von Boom

Thanks for the heads up. I could only stomach a few issues of the Disney/Marvel Conan so I'll give these a try.

karlos

von Boom

Marvel really missed a trick when they started Conan again. Sadly, they are the Jason Momoa of Conan comics.

karlos

Couldn't agree more.

The new Marvel stuff is toothless and bland and the whole [spoiler]making him immortal and then putting him in the modern day Marvel universe[/spoiler]thing is just awful.

von Boom

I never got that far. Thankfully.

karlos

Just read Queen of the Black Coast #1 - whilst I'm not a massive fan of the art, this is already way better than the current Marvel titles.

Roll on Red Nails (which looks amazing).

Rately

Quote from: karlos on 06 March, 2020, 03:28:54 PM
Couldn't agree more.

The new Marvel stuff is toothless and bland and the whole [spoiler]making him immortal and then putting him in the modern day Marvel universe[/spoiler]thing is just awful.

Christ.

That sounds awful.

karlos

Yes, indeed, Rately.

There's an interesting video on YT which breaks down all the Conan stuff Marvel has put out since it re-acquired the license; I will post a link as it'swell worth a look.

Rately

Quote from: karlos on 13 March, 2020, 01:26:56 PM
Yes, indeed, Rately.

There's an interesting video on YT which breaks down all the Conan stuff Marvel has put out since it re-acquired the license; I will post a link as it'swell worth a look.

Cheers, Carlos.

Gary James

Quote from: karlos on 06 March, 2020, 03:28:54 PMThe new Marvel stuff is toothless and bland and the whole [spoiler]making him immortal and then putting him in the modern day Marvel universe[/spoiler]thing is just awful.
Someone at Marvel really likes [spoiler]Archer and Armstrong[/spoiler]. At least Marvel didn't give Conan an [spoiler]alien suit of armor[/spoiler], which would have been the icing on the cake...

We should be grateful that The Man From Earth didn't get a Marvel comic adaptation...

karlos

Queen of the Black Coast was fine, although the art was way too cartoony for my tastes.

Red Nails #1 is now out and is much more like it. The art is stunning.

And in August we get People of the Black Circle, which looks similarly gorgeous.

Definitely recommended.

karlos

https://forbiddenplanet.com/308221-cimmerian-volume-1-hardcover/

Well worth picking up, even though, as I said before, the art on Queen of the Black Coast is a little too loose and cartoony for my taste.

(The upcoming Frost Giant's Daughter looks gorgeous, btw).

Overall, definitely recommended to any Conan fans amongst us.