Main Menu

Upgrading subscriptions

Started by Tarantino, 19 July, 2023, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Hi there

I bit the bullet about two years ago and became a subscriber, mainly because I could only find 2000AD in Forbidden Planet. At that time I'd fallen out of love with American comics and instead of weekly visits to FP, months could go by before I'd visit and I'd have to buy 8 or nine copies of 2000AD, but only if they had them in stock.

The reason I am writing is, I can't fault the reliability of your subscription service but the flimsy plastic they they are packaged in doesn't really protect my prized prog. It quiet often arrives with a bend in the cover or a small rip. My 2000AD collection is my prized possession and I keep them safe in acid free bags but I find that when they arrive damaged I'm having to rebuy them, which is frustrating and defeating the object.

As this is the suggestion column, my suggestion is to have an up-graded subscription service, one which you would obviously have to pay a premium for but would allow you to use protective card either side of the prog and DO NOT BEND in large capital letters on both sides of the package.

I'm afraid my subscription is about to end and I won't be renewing it. I'll now have to continue with my monthly trips to FP, where I can hand pick each prog.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if my suggestion is a possibility in the near future, I'm sure it would be popular with many of your readers.

Many thanks.

Tarantino

Tomwe

If you still want the prog to come in the post, and in cardboard sleeves, you can subscribe to it via Forbidden Planet's website. They do charge for postage, but you seem OK with that. My stuff from them is always well packaged.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/?q=2000ad&subscription=on&sort=release-date&page=1

Tarantino

Thanks for that, but we pay a reduced price for subscriptions and if I did it via Forbidden Planet, I'd be paying full price for the prog plus postage, so hopefully Tharg will come up with an answer  :)

Tarantino