Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2013

Started by Satanist, 12 January, 2013, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

Hello

I am a bit of a newbie to the boards, looking at the everything comes back to 2000ad page I realised I was talking to Pete Wells and Rob Stewart in the Wagner/Carlos que. Rob very kindly gave me a sheet of paper from his sketchpad so I could get a sketch off king Carlos.  :D  John Wagner seemed a very nice , down to earth bloke as did Carlos. I spent two blistering hot hours in a que to meet Simon Bisley he was a bit stand offish at first but had a good chat with him. Spent my money on a Dredd/Alpha print and a selection of american Dredd reprints which are like gold dust in the North East.

Buttonman

A narrow escape there Judge Nutmeg - you must have been a heartbeat away from The Cosh borrowing a tenner off you and me telling you about my appearance on 'Weakest Link'!

stacey

Hurrah another north Easter! Hello!

Pete Wells

Yay, Judge Nutmeg as a canny fella and no mistake!

I'm claiming the Colin MacNeil/Happy Shrapnel gag gag, thought it as soon as I clapped my peepers on him!

Judge Nutmeg

Ha ha button man I think your stories of weakest link may have taken the edge off a blistering hot day. I was concerned why Mr Wells gave Carlos a pastie at the time thinking it may have been some kind  a cultural exchange . Did you guys end up getting a sketch off Bisley? Hello Stacey always a pleasure to meet another North East Geek. Going start contributing more to the forum to keep the thrill suckers at bay. Good to meet some fellow Dredd heads need to get myself to more conventions.

jossy99

Hey everyone
Great Event and plenty 2000AD stuff to get my fix and John and Carlos are two very friendly guys
Well worth the journey south

GordyM

Had a great time at the Con (when I wasn't melting) and my Ezquerra sketch of Dredd is now proudly hanging on my living room wall (along with a f'ing amazing Rorsach drawing by John Higgins).

Sorry I didn't make it to the post-Con meet-up. I was incredibly drunk on Saturday and just sort of followed in the wake of some friends I was with. Still, they led me to a pub where the lovely Stace and Colin McNeil were hanging out so I'll forgive them this time.

Personal highlight for me was my friend Neil (the Slorance meister of Astronomer's Journal fame) being even drunker than me and deciding he was not leaving until he knew the name of every single person in the pub.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Proudhuff

Quote from: jossy99 on 17 July, 2013, 09:09:39 AM
Hey everyone
Great Event and plenty 2000AD stuff to get my fix and John and Carlos are two very friendly guys
Well worth the journey south

Welcome Jossy, this is threads turning into the the jocks and the geordies

sorry for miss naming you Gordym that was a stab in the dark...
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Sorry, I forgot to add this to the thread.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.