Main Menu

Iron Sky

Started by Will I. Cooling, 22 May, 2008, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

Just heard about this proposed film on Mark Kermode's bbc blog. Its a couple of finnish film makers who are trying to get funding for a movie with a very simple premise - a group of Nazis successfully got to space in 1945 and now in 2018 they're coming back. I dunno, but I think that is possibly the most outlandishly brilliant idea for a movie I've heard in a while.

There's a trailer at the website linked to at the bottom.

Link: http://www.ironsky.net/site" target="_blank">Oh my god...

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Jim_Campbell

Potentially, the BEST MOVIE EVAH.

Been sending links to the trailer to everyone I can think of for a few weeks now.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

johnnystress

Jim_Campbell

Sorry, Mr Stress. I did find out about the film from your prior thread, but laziness prevented me from searching out a link to it.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

johnnystress

I may find it in my heart to forgive you...

in time

but yes...this could be a great thing! so the more posts about it the better

Dandontdare

Looks pretty cool.
About as plausible as Space 1999, but that was cool also.
Flying saucers and nazis, what more could you want? Throw in some sharks and you've got a freeview channel.
Liked the song too - anyone know who that is?

Bongo Jack

Ach - Moon Nazis!
I hate those guys.
Live forever or die trying

Thursday

Moon Nazis... are they better or worse than undead Nazis?  I think we need some sort of Nazi-variant league table here.  I mean, picture the scene: you're strolling merrily down the street when a Moon Nazi lands in front of you and an undead Nazi leaps out behind you.  How are you supposed to decide which way to flee without an accurate assessment of their relative nastiness?

Dark Jimbo

Head through the Moon Nazi, every time. I mean, ultimately he's just a man, but the undead Nazi is... Something Other.
@jamesfeistdraws

Cthulouis

You know, I think we need a definitive list of Nazi variants before any such ranking table could be attempted.

soggy

FLEE?

You rip the arms off the zombie and use them to beat the moon nazi to a colourful pulp!

Dark Jimbo

What would these be - Undead Nazis or Underwater Nazis?http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/6.jpg">
@jamesfeistdraws

ThryllSeekyr

'Iron Skye'

Wasn't that a free game.

Proudhuff

Without wishing to up set the little house painter from Brighton again...

there a  released date of January 2011 on the Nazi's on the Moon film, some cool stuff on the Iron Sky website including info on a film about The Warsaw Uprising with Nazi robots!

DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 August, 2009, 04:52:26 PM
Without wishing to up set the little house painter from Brighton again...