Main Menu

June PREVIEWS - prog 1600 contents, plus LOTS of British reprints!!

Started by Grant Goggans, 30 May, 2008, 12:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Spalding

Yes, that was appreciated Mr Spurrier.

Now then, more Lob and Faster!

El Spurioso

Er, thanks...  It occurs to me that as well as being quick, clear, informative and a bit entertaining it may also've been a bit smug and self satisfied (see -- Creators get neurotic about what they're supposed to post on these boards too).

My only excuse is that I get overenthusiastic when it comes to Lob.  Poor Carl.

The Adventurer

They did (for both) but I suspect they either didnâ??t get released on your side of the pond, or if they did, they were probably horribly overpriced.

They both got released as thin, single story volumes long ago.  They need a TP reboot, ala The Red Seas. Badly

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dandontdare

Tank Girl in the Meg - oh god please can we not let her die in peace? Without hewlett/milligan's trademark insanity, what's the point?

Excited about a further volume of Old Bill though - the first was  a masterpiece.

Art

Milligan only did the one tank Girl thing, and it was crap.

Dandontdare

is that right? I just put those two names together instinctively.
Still, without hewlett its a  WRONG THING!!

Art

Dandontdare

You're right - I've just done a brief seach and found the names of the various creators -= I was working from my dope-addled memories of the 90s when I read lots of comics but didn't collect them (apart from the progs which were secretly accumulating at my mum's house!)
Tank Girl was such an icon back then , that I really don't want a re-tread - the movie was bad enough!

DavidXBrunt

I remember being hideously embarassed once when asked what I thought of Lobster Random shortly after the first series ended. I wasn't overly impressed so I typed something to the tune of 'From the general reaction on the board it more than deserves a second series'. I was complimented on my diplomacy.

The second series I liked more and the third was often the thing in the prog I liked most. Recently I've been worried we'd seen the last of the series. Glad to see we've not. Great strip, great character, great artist...the writers okay on a good day...

Ignatzmonster

**My only excuse is that I get overenthusiastic when it comes to Lob. Poor Carl.**

Goddamn justified IMO. I started on tooth around Lob book 3 and it made me glad of my decision. Yes, to a 1-4 collection and here's to a second volume later.

Also, Critchlow's a great designer (like a lot of tooth artists come to think of it) and Lobster Random gives him more of a chance to exercise those talents than Mandroid did.